Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 68 (July 23-July 29) --- THE FLASH: IRON HEIGHTS!

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 68 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week will be a mini, and we’ll be focusing on…

THE FLASH: IRON HEIGHTS!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

Number of Books: 1

Description from dc.com: When an outbreak of a deadly disease threatens the prison’s population, only the Flash and Piper can quell the epidemic and the ensuing riot. But what is the mysterious warden’s role in all of this madness? Introducing several new Flash villains who cause major pain for the Scarlet Speedster in his regular title in the months to come!

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. What do you think sets this story apart from other Flash comics?
  2. Do you like that Geoff Johns created so many new villains in the same comic? Why or why not?
  3. Who was your favorite new villain? Why?

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

6 Likes

First, I’m happy to finally jump on the Obscurty Club train.

1. While I thought this had all the tone and flavor of a good Flash story, I think what sets it apart is that the main character in the story is Iron Heights, itself.
  2. I’m not enough of a Rogues or Flash expert to be able to identify which villains are new or old, but I thought all of them sounded like they would or could be Rogues.
  3. I think Fallout, becasue he seemd the most tragic and at least from this appeaance as vicitm as much as he is a villain.
3 Likes

Great answers!

4 Likes