Obscurity of DC Presents: Obscure Book Club, Week 62 (June 11-June 17) --- THE FLASH?

Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 62 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week we’ll be focusing on…

THE FLASH???

Wait what? The Flash isn’t obscure! OH! THAT Flash!

JOHN FOX!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+

What We’ll Be Reading: The Flash (1996) — Issues 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, and 118

Number of Issues: 7

Description from dc.fandom.com: John Fox is the Flash of the 27th Century.

Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:

1. In Issue 112, we see John absolutely decimate a room by unleashing some sort of lightning storm thing. Why do you think John refrains from using this unique power in battle?
  2. At the end of Issue 112, John addresses Wally’s disappearance, allegedly making Wally’s disappearance permanent. Why do you think he brought Wally up, knowing it would cause Wally’s downfall?
  3. As we know, John is from the 27th Century. Do you think Mark Waid (the writer) played enough into John’s futuristic backstory, or do you think it should have had more effect on the story and/or character? Explain.
  4. John’s suit is significantly different from any other Flash suit. Do you like the change, or would you have preferred he keep the original suit? Why?
  5. Did you see Linda more as John’s friend or as his associate? Explain.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

6 Likes

@OmniLad

3 Likes

Oh no it’s June 20th I’m going to have to race back in time so I can participate in this fantastic thread. Be right back…

4 Likes

No way homie

3 Likes

you can still participate!

4 Likes

Really

3 Likes

Yeah! The week is only to signify the week it’s posted, but you can participate on any read-a-long at any time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bet

3 Likes

Oh good I was getting out of breath trying to run backward in time

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

What you need is a treadmill, and run up as fast as you can, up to 88 miles per hour, oh and you need to wear a Flash suit for safety as well! :slightly_smiling_face:

:00_flash:

4 Likes

I’m taking notes

4 Likes

Thank you for tagging me in this!
Sorry it took me so long to notice (I’m unfortunately not on here as much as I wish I could be).

But, of course, Jon Fox is my GUY!!! Well… no… not my Guy. That’s Guy Gardner. But Jon Fox is the holder of my heart and profile picture.

As far as addressing @Jurisdiction 's well thought out and impressive questions, my answer is… I don’t know.

My love for Jon does not come from his writing or character, it’s because I was 11 and I saw that cover and thought his costume was sick. I plan to actually read through this run again for the first time since middle school soon. The second I do, I will do my best to respond here.

2 Likes

His costume is probably one of my favorites! I really love it!

1 Like

Me too

2 Likes

I am reading this in slow mo

3 Likes