Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 56 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
What We’ll Be Reading: Legion of Super-Heroes (1980) #300 and 301 + Legion of Superheroes (1992) #33 and 39
Number of Issues: 4
Description from dc.fandom.com: Proty was a member of the Proteans, a race of shape changing creatures that could assume virtually any form and communicate via telepathy.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- How does Proty’s relationship with other members of the Legion of Superheroes (such as Chameleon Boy or Shrinking Violet) impact the character’s development?
- How does Proty’s shapeshifting ability contribute to the overall narrative of the Legion of Superheroes, and what unique challenges and opportunities does it present?
- What role does Proty play in the Legion of Superheroes, and how does the character evolve over time?
- How does Proty’s character intersect with issues of disability and representation in comics, and what role does the character play in advocating for more diverse and inclusive portrayals of characters in popular media?
- How does Proty’s character challenge or subvert traditional notions of heroism and villainy, and what does this say about the nature of good and evil in the context of the comics?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!