Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 53 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be focusing on…
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
What We’ll Be Reading: Mister Miracle (1989-1991)
Number of Issues: 8 — Please only read issues 11-18
Brief description from dc.fandom.com: Funky Flashman is a grifter and con man, though his schemes rarely last long.
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- In what ways does Funky Flashman serve as a commentary on the entertainment industry?
- What is the significance of the name “Funky Flashman” and how does it reflect the character’s personality?
- In what ways does Funky Flashman’s relationship with the character of Mr. Miracle reflect broader themes of deception and manipulation in the entertainment industry?
- How does Funky Flashman’s use of humor and satire contribute to his character and the larger themes of his stories?
- Jack Kirby created Funky Flashman as a parody of Stan Lee. Did you notice any similarities? Did you enjoy the similarities? Explain.
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!