Why hello there, @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to Week 51 of Obscurity of DC’s Obscure Book Club! This week, we’ll be starting a 2-week focus on…
AZTEK: THE ULTIMATE MAN!!!
AGE SUGGESTION: 12+
Number of Issues: 5 (Please only read issues 1-5)
Not-So-Brief description from comicvine.gamespot.com: “Aztek: The Ultimate Man was the brainchild of writers Mark Millar and Grant Morrison and artist N. Steven Harris. The ongoing series was designed to debut a new hero of the DC universe. The series followed the anti-hero Aztek; a hero whose big picture mission meant he took unusual solutions to solving the small problems. Aztek: The Ultimate Man featured an unusual city, unusual villains, and the supporting cast of St. Bartholomew’s Hospital.”
Now that that’s over with, here are some discussion questions:
- Do you think Aztek did the right thing by stopping Bloodtype? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Aztek took up the identity of Curtis Falconer?
- Do you see Kyle Rayner more as Aztek’s friend or his mentor? Explain.
- Do you like the snippets of police files at the end of each issue? Why or why not?
- Do you think Aztek is more of a hero or an anti-hero? Why?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!