Heya @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! The month of November will be the finale of a 3-part Month of Obscurity. Welcome to the eighth - in the best MLG, gamer voice I can muster - MONTH OF OBSCURITY! For the month of November, we will be focusing on…
Age Suggestion: 17+
Number of Issues: 18 — Please only read issues 43-60 (the last 18 issues). Unless, of course, you haven’t read 1-42 yet. Then, you should read those first.
Description taken from dc.fandom.com: Tommy Monaghan is a Gotham City hitman with superpowers. During the Bloodlines event he was bitten by a parasite that unlocked his metahuman abilities, giving him telepathy and x-ray vision. Despite his high body count, he has a deep personal code of honor. Hitman was created by Garth Ennis and John McCrea, first appearing in The Demon (Volume 3) Annual #2. (1993)
With that out of the way, here are some discussion questions:
- In the last few issues, there were a lot of throwbacks to previous villains. Why do you think that was?
- Why do you think Agent Truman was the character chosen to kill Tommy and Natt, especially after being absent from the series for over 40 issues?
- There is a lot of death towards the end of the series, especially with main characters. Whose death had the biggest effect on you? Why him/her?
- The last few pages of the series are just funny images of Tommy doing weird stuff. How did the pages make you feel? Happy? Sad?
- Did you expect Tommy’s and Natt’s death?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, Obscurity of DC is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!