Obscurity of DC Presents: Month of Obscurity, Month 5 (August) --- JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000!

Heya @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! The month of August will be the first of a 2-part Month of Obscurity. Welcome to the sixth - in the best MLG, gamer voice I can muster - MONTH OF OBSCURITY! For the month of August, we will be focusing on…

JUSTICE LEAGUE 3000!!!
Age Suggestion: 12+

Number of Issues: 15

Description taken from wikipedia: Justice League 3000 is a comic book series published by DC Comics. Taking place in the future of the DC Universe as part of The New 52, the series features a 31st century iteration of the Justice League, with new versions of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, and Green Lantern.

With that out of the way, here are some discussion questions:

1. Why do you think Ariel Masters started “this Holocaust”?
  2. Why do you think the members of the new Justice League’s personalities are so different from what they were in the 2000s?
  3. Time for the most confusing sentences ever! Teri and Terry are the Wonder Twins of this time. Terry calls Teri a pessimist, but Teri calls herself a realist. Do you think Teri is a pessimist or a realist? Explain.
  4. Why do you think Superman despises being called “Clark”?
  5. Do you think Terry really cares about the new Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern, or does he really just care about preserving his work and legacy? Or is there some other way you’d describe it? Explain.

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of this but am intrigued. This is why I love this club ans what you do - you shine a light into the dark corners of the DC Universe and give new life to great characters and stories. Looking forward to checking this out!

2 Likes

Thanks so much @FelixLeiter! I’m glad you’re enjoying the club and hope you love the series!

3 Likes

This is a series I remember reading a bit of when it started, but never finished. Should be fun to see where this series goes because…Keith Giffen is willing to do some WILD stuff when he had complete control. Friendly reminder that this series was made as a replacement for the New 52 Legion of Superheroes, which ended with a massive threat tearing apart the galaxy and killing several legionnaires, including one of them being eaten by a group of marauding raider aliens.

Anyway, I also remember this series because the Batman costume in this game was a pre-order bonus for Batman: Arkham Knight, along with the Batman '66 costume, but gated to that and unavailble for people besides modded PCs for YEARS until fairly recently.

2 Likes
  1. Why do you think Ariel Masters started “this Holocaust”?
    Misguided Hope for a better world
  2. Why do you think the members of the new Justice League’s personalities are so different from what they were in the 2000s?
    Their host bodies memories have corrupted their nature
  3. Time for the most confusing sentences ever! Teri and Terry are the Wonder Twins of this time. Terry calls Teri a pessimist, but Teri calls herself a realist. Do you think Teri is a pessimist or a realist? Explain.
    They believe they are a realist merely relating to the world around them.
  4. Why do you think Superman despises being called “Clark”?
    Because he knows he’s not Clark but just a pale imitation of Superman missing his human belief core, or Clark in other words.
  5. Do you think Terry really cares about the new Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and Green Lantern, or does he really just care about preserving his work and legacy? Or is there some other way you’d describe it? Explain.
    Merely sees them as tools
2 Likes