Heya @ObscurityofDCClub and other members of the DC Community! Welcome to the twenty-third MONTH OF OBSCURITY! For the month of February, we will be focusing on…
Age Suggestion: 15+
Number of Issues: 20
Description taken from dc.fandom.com: Andrew Bennett is a 16th Century vampire who hunts other vampires. Despite having supernatural strengths and weaknesses, he is able to resist the bloodlust to feed on humans. His immortal life is dedicated to hunting down his former lover Mary, Queen of Blood.
With that out of the way, here are some discussion questions:
- Throughout this series, we see how vampires are portrayed different from traditional media. What kind of liberties does I, Vampire take in depicting vampires?
- One of the central relationships in “I, Vampire” is the tumultuous bond between Andrew Bennett and Mary, Queen of Blood. How does their dynamic shape the storyline, and what themes of love, power, and sacrifice does it explore?
- The series incorporates elements of political intrigue and power struggles within the vampire community. How do these elements add depth to the narrative and contribute to the overall themes of the series?
- “I, Vampire” often explores the blurred lines between heroism and villainy. Discuss the moral ambiguity of characters like Andrew Bennett and Mary, Queen of Blood, and how their actions challenge traditional notions of good and evil.
- Throughout the series, themes of redemption, forgiveness, and the search for identity are prevalent. How do characters like Andrew Bennett and his allies grapple with these themes, and what lessons can readers take away from their journeys?
Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics?
Do you like pineapple on pizza?If so, Obscurity of DC is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!