Obscurity of DC Presents: A Date With Judy LAL, Week 1 (Tiger/Surprise Party)

51oVRUvrH9L

Hey @ObscurityofDCClub and everyone else on this wonderful community! Welcome to the first of Obscurity of DC’s A Date With Judy Listen-A-Longs! Each Saturday, for the next few weeks, we’ll be listening to a comedic radio show from the 1940s that exhibits the life of Judy Foster, a teenage girl.

Where: On the new live chat! Click HERE to join the chat!

When: Saturday, November 18 at 10pm EST/7pm PST

How Long: Just 1 hour! There will be a 5-min break in the middle.

How to Listen: Just click either the youtube link or the google drive link, and you’ll start to hear the whole show.

Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anh3BE03tPs
Google Drive File: Obscurity of DC Presents: A Date With Judy LAL, Week 1 (Tiger/Surprise Party) - Google Drive

As always, I hope to see you all there, and I can’t wait to listen to this show with you!

Do you have an interest in exploring the unknown? Do you like discussing comics? Do you like pineapple on pizza? If so, The Obscurity of DC Club is the club for you! Join HERE if you’re interested!

5 Likes

Hey this is awesome news. Always loved Wal and I definitely need some good news to make me feel better right now. Looking forward to it. :+1:

4 Likes

Awesome! See you then!

4 Likes

Ooh killer, I’ll try and be there

4 Likes

Awesome!!!

4 Likes

The live chat is up

4 Likes

This one’s kind of pseudo-DC. It was a succesful radio series starting in1941. After WW II, it’s popularity spawned a) a movie, b) a TV show, and c) a DC comic.

The radio show ended in 1950, and the TV show in '53, so that left the DC comic as the final version of “Date w/Judy”, which lasted until 1960. I’m guessing that DC no longer has any freedom to do a Date with Judy comic, since they don’t own it

It’s a nice change in routine, nonetheless

4 Likes

I’ll have to listen to this after the fact as I’ll be busy at that time but hope to join live in the future!

4 Likes

That’s why it took so long for me to choose it as an LAL lol. Considering DC wrote a comic series for it, though, I’m counting it :rofl:

4 Likes

Just a reminder to join the live chat if you’re interested in joining the LAL this upcoming Saturday

1 Like

Tomorrow!

2 Likes

5 hours!

2 Likes