NYCC 2019: What's Coming for DC Universe

I’d like to field this one, if I may?

In terms of the old shows, I watch them a lot. There are live action shows like Lois and Clark or the 90’s Flash where, because they’re complete, I can run through the entire series. The Adventures of Superboy is a show that, for a while, you didn’t have access to unless you wanted to pay for bootlegs at conventions. I missed out when they came to DVD, but here I can watch the whole show in it’s entirety. And it looks amazing.

If we’re talking animated series, the selection here is wonderful. Yes we’ll go to Batman:The Animated Series (which is in HD, I should add) but then there’s things like Legion of Superheroes or some of the old filmation stuff. It’s interesting to see where superhero cartoons started from and where they are now.

Similarly with the comics, I’m reading a lot of older stuff because it’s easier to get access to. Some really old stuff like the golden or silver age can be read via-reprints in collections, but that’s expensive. With things like the 80’s espionage titles which hadn’t been collected in trade paperback, I can read them here. Over the last year we’ve gotten a wealth of comics digitized. I’m going through comics both old and new.

3 Likes