:superman: NOW! :batman:

Yes! Finally! Speechless is coming to HBO Max!

(The clip is dubbed, but you get the idea.)

6 Likes

Logos look similar to Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77 comics, agreed.

I would absolutely love it if this was actually a Batman '89 comic! The art design in that movie (and Batman Returns) is amazing and what I always hope Gotham to look like. I would absolutely lose my mind if there is an actual series set in that universe coming!

Maybe it could even be a true ongoing set on Earth-89, with that design aesthetic carried over to newer characters.

And same for Superman '78.

9 Likes

Set designer Anton Furst doesnā€™t get enough credit for creating how we conceive of Gotham City today. He did more work to define the aesthetics of Batmanā€™s world than anyone since Dick Sprang.

6 Likes

I have always wanted him to do it. Iā€™ll need to see the announcement tommorrow

5 Likes

Sounds like a Worldā€™s Finest: Batman/Superman comic featuring the Reeve Superman and the Keaton Batman.

Is Jerry Ordway still drawing comics?

Throw in a Wonder Woman and it would be gold.
Literally printing gold.

7 Likes

Yā€™all had me at Christopher Reeve Superman :eyes:

6 Likes

Iā€™ll speculate that weā€™re getting two DCUI exclusive comics that will be set in the timeline of those two iconic films.

Orā€¦this is to do with the second issue of Let Them Live and Ambush Bug will bring us unpublished adaptations of those films.

I hope itā€™s the former but Iā€™m betting on the latter.

6 Likes

:notes:One Day More, another day and another destiny, The Moderators are keeping us waiting, They know how excited we are til one day moreā€¦
One more day of reading the newsā€¦
What will the news be?
One More day til the big storyā€¦
Will I be more excited to hearā€¦
But still they wonā€™t say a thing!:notes:

Canā€™t wait!:grin:

6 Likes

Maybe a Superman/Batman style comic set in about around those times

6 Likes

Maybe an Animated show merging the worlds?

7 Likes

I predict that itā€™s either a remastering, something animated, a comic, or a reunion/Q&A session.

7 Likes

Well itā€™s tomorrow so letā€™s go look!

7 Likes

kristen-wiig-excited-gif-7

5 Likes

I did see that Michael Keaton is in The Batman, the Robert Pattison Batman. Which, and Iā€™ll be honest, Iā€™m not a fan of the guy, but Iā€™ve watched the trailer and did some research on this movie. It appears that when the movie comes out in 22, shortly after that, HBO MAX has already signed off to do a Batman series based off of the movie.

4 Likes

Les Mis. I see what ya did there.

4 Likes

Thanks.:grinning: I was hoping somebody would notice.

4 Likes

I got you covered. Iā€™ve sung that song many times. Seen the show on Broadway and in Toronto. Fantastic!

5 Likes

5 Likes

Nope, so far thereā€™s only one Batman in The Batman, and thatā€™s Robert Pattison. Michael Keaton was announced to play Batman in The Flash. Weā€™ve even seen some concept art of the two back at DC FanDome.

5 Likes

Oh. IMDB has him listed as as a cast member in the movie. Perhaps they just havenā€™t updated their info?

3 Likes