Non Nightwing Greyson Recommendations?

So I’ve been interested in reading some stories about Greyson as either Robin or as Batman and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations since there’s too many stories to sort through. I recently finished the New 52 nightwing series and have read a few stories pre 52 as nightwing but most of my knowledge with him as Robin is from BTAS.

2 Likes

Check out this post:

3 Likes

Black Mirror is awesome.

2 Likes

Robin: Year One and Batgirl: Year One both are great stories from his time as Robin.

2 Likes

Batman and Robin by Morrison (Dick and Damian)

Nightwing Year One is really more about Dick’s transition from sidekick to his own hero than being Nightwing.

Batman 680s or 690s? Dick as Bats vs Black Mask. I’ll try to remember…

Edit: Batman Chronicles The Gauntlet

2 Likes

Not Batman or Robin but I highly suggest Grayson.

2 Likes

Me and @Nightroia’s club the DGFC is actually reading and discussing Nightwing: Year One this month.

2 Likes

-Robin: Year One
-Grayson
-The Black Mirror (from the latter years of Detective Comics, if you’re looking for it on the app)
-Batman and Robin Adventures

2 Likes

Yessss at Grayson

1 Like

robin year one, new teen titans, Grayson and nightwing rebirth are good recommends i see you stated you read some pre new 52 the nightwing run by dixson does a good job establishing dick as his own superhero

1 Like

Robin’s Reckoning is my favorite from BTAS. Not a recommendation, just felt like saying it haha. I’m reading New 52 Nightwing now. Dark Victory is a cool origin story for Robin, Robin Year One is good. Nightwing Year One gets you from Robin to Nightwing which is pretty cool. I read the original run of (I think it was) New Teen Titans where he first appeared as Nightwing, not really in the vein you were asking but good nonetheless. Might revisit Nightwing Year One after seeing this!

1 Like

That’s actually one of the series I’m currently reading.
I’m not far into it yet because I’m trying to read as much of the different bat family comics in relatively the right reading order. I’m trying to get everyone to their ‘futures end’ issue since they were all released at relatively the same time.

Not sure if you’ve read Batgirl new 52 but huntress just showed up and I’m trying to figure out how since afaik she’s still in Spyril since it was released at the same time

I really enjoyed the new 52 Nightwing, the last few issues made me read Justice league because he’s a big part in an event called forever evil

Forever Evil is great! I’m super out of order because it feels like it’ll take me forever to get to where I want to go if I read it in perfect order, and I don’t mind having some surprises ruined as a result. I read Batman Eternal, then forever evil, now Nightwing new 52… oops! I think it says something about the issues that I can read them backwards and still love it!

1 Like

I did not read new 52 Batgirl. But if I remember correctly Power Girl is from earth 2 maybe(???) also brought Huntress with her from that earth as well so it might be her idk :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I got the Robin Bronze Age Omnibus for Christmas. I like the Robin of this era. He was called Robin the Teen Wonder, but looked like he was about 25. It was a good series and it was the Robin of my childhood. Bronze Age stories are my favorites because they’re kind of serious and kind of fun. A good middle ground that can appeal to kids and adults.
Though about 50% of the book is Batman Family which featured the Robin and Batgirl team-ups. So if you’re looking for Robin solo action, you may be disappointed. But I think it is a very good collection.

2 Likes

I believe he’s supposed to be around 18 years old in those stories (regardless of the art style).