No BLACK SUPERMAN

I would like to some type of BLACK SUPERMAN on the app it is unfair there is none on the whole app

3 Likes

Well, except for here: https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/action-comics-2011-9/18ab77bc-adc0-4d95-84da-ec1d212a0de4

9 Likes

Lol now THIS is funny

3 Likes

Dude, Earth 2 and Earth 2 Society and The Multiversity

11 Likes

^^Those are on here maybe more but those are the ones I’ve read. And he is in Convergence

3 Likes

If you’re looking for more Black Superman, you can always go for this franchise…

7 Likes

Jay_Kay I don’t know if that was meant to be funny but I had a chuckle on that one.
There is also the Steel comics which are pretty good and he is a very cool.

2 Likes

So I was rather confused as to why the OP assumed that there was “No Black Superman” on this app. He must have not bothered to look or literally searched for “Black Superman” His Name is Val Zod. if you just type Black Superman into the search bar only Superman and other characters with black in there hero name will show up (Black Adam and Black Lightning)

Search for Val Zod or the comic tittles listed above.

4 Likes

Pretty sure that the Tangent Superman is as well. I know that Superman’s Reign isn’t on here but I believe the other books from Tangent are.

1 Like

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

You may also want to check out the 90s STEEL series on here, which ran for 54 issues.

5 Likes

Yeah, what about my boy Steel.

1 Like

Steel was my favorite Superman in the 90’s of the the four after Clark Kent had died.

3 Likes

What’s more amazing though, just changing Superman’s skin color, or the human who took it upon himself to become Superman? Steel is awesome.

4 Likes

Exactly! I always gravitate to characters like Steel, Batman, and even the Punisher. That’s the comics I read as a boy.

2 Likes

Representation is nothing to scoff at either.

1 Like

This is the kind of post that mystifies me. It’s as if people say, “I heard of a new DC streaming service. I assume it must have comics with a black Superman and therefore must sign up for it now. What? I’m not immediately greeted by a black Superman upon logging in? Let me immediately take to the forums to decry this injustice rather than try to see if there is in fact material on the service with a Black Superman or ask myself why I expected this in the first place. Community forums! Hear my wrath!”

I don’t get it.

9 Likes

As others have suggested, check out Steel and Val-Zod.

4 Likes

Lol When I first saw this, I thought it was gonna be like a “We don’t want a black Superman” thread, my eyes opened and then I opened it and fears relieved.

I’d like to see a black Superman or Batman, but I’d imagine that if Batman were black, the mask would be closed which would look cooler anyway.

2 Likes

@BatWatch, I had the same thought. It’s entirely possible that the OP just wasn’t aware of the multiple characters that fit their description of what they’re looking for. But given the OP hasn’t responded, it’s also possible this is just another post meant to start controversy and we’ll never see the OP again.

3 Likes