Nightwing #75 Somebody Spoil Me, Please?

So, I do read the solicits for the new comics coming out and wondered if with this issue Dick is finally back to normal? I haven’t bought any comics since like the third issue of the loathsome amnesia story. Is it time to buy comics again or does my silent protest continue?

2 Likes

Dick actually was restored at the end of 74, is currently playing a part as Nightwing, in the Doom Metal Death Metal tie-in story going on in Justice League, and Bruce brought along a Nightwing uniform and told Dick it was time to put it back on in Batman 99. Dick was back in full in Batman 100. I’d say it might be time to start buying again. The whole thing in 74, Batman 99-100 was kind of a perfect pay off.

3 Likes

Thanks! It’s good to know. :grin:

2 Likes

There’s a bit of a swerve because the first half of the issue takes place before Batman #100 so Dick is still in that terrible outfit (although he has his memory) but towards the end it jumps to after Batman #100 and everything is good again. The cover was fantastic and so was the art throughout. I’m glad we have our boy back.

Honestly though, Jurgens has been great on the title I would say probably get issue 70-74 if you can (70 and 71 I believe are in second printing) and the build up to Dick’s return over the past few months has been a great experience.

1 Like

Honestly, I prefered the return in Batman. This book left me torn. I’m glad Dick finally has his memories back, and I think it makes sense that he’d try to balance his recent experiences with the rest of himself… but some of the voices really felt off to me as did the residual memory fuzziness. Let’s be done with the fuzziness already.

1 Like

I haven’t read any of the current series, want to start up here on DCU, then I can just skim Rick till it gets interesting again

1 Like

I hate to admit it but I will probably buy the fills… I just hope I don’t have to do it at cover price. :unamused: