Nightmare DC Casting

If I see ONE MORE fancast of Zach Efron as Kyle Rayner I’m pulling an Emerald Twilight

4 Likes

Samuel L Jackson as Jace Fox.

Don’t get me wrong, SLJ is an amazing actor. But the only thing he and Jace Fox have in common is race. And considering Jace doesn’t have that great of a sense of humor, and doesn’t curse every other sentence, I can’t see that casting working.

2 Likes

A pet peeve: I’ve seen a bunch of fancasts where people cast Black, Latino, or Indian actors as Simon Baz.

I KNOW there aren’t as many Arab actors in Hollywood but come on you guys. IDK it feels weird, like “Eh, who cares about the specifics, they’re all brown.”

3 Likes

Same thing with people casting Priyanka Chopra as Jessica Cruz. Try harder, guys.

3 Likes

Crisp Ratt As Booster Gold

I do not think my heart could take it.

3 Likes

Jennifer Lawrence as Stargirl was a common report. That would have been awful

5 Likes

I also see Michael B Jordan as John Stewart a lot. MBJ is a fantastic actor and I’d love to see him in the DCU, but I just don’t feel like he’d work as John. Maybe because he’s too young, and I feel John Stewart needs a little more word-weariness to him

3 Likes

John Krasinki as Hal Jordan. IDK something about it just makes me deeply uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Timothee Chalamet as Kyle Rayner

6 Likes

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor would be the most ridiculous…Wait a minute.

7 Likes

You want to talk ridiculous, let’s talk Nicolas Cage (who took his last stage name partly from Luke Cage at MARVEL COMICS, for those of you unaware) and his casting as the one and only Superman! Director and visionary Tim Burton sold him a bill of goods decades ago in the late 90s, on how perfect he’d be as his version of the caped Kryptonian. And Nick (being the comic book nerd and collector he was) saw that as his chance to live out every kid’s dream. Of course he was all wrong for the role. But was so caught up in Tim’s vision, he’d have gladly embarrassed himself on screen, for the chance to play the big blue boy scout. And even though they blew mucho $$$ on pre-production costs, WB eventually pulled the plug on this version of Superman Lives. Thank the Gods!

So much for this Trivia Corner, sidebar! Anyway, that’s my 2 cents on the subject.

6 Likes

It’s funny you say that, because the fancast for John (or pretty much any black male character) I’ve seen is Idris Elba, who I think would better have that world-weariness thing to him.

Also, I think I’ve seen people consider Chris Pratt for Hal Jordan as well.

3 Likes

I Do Not Care For That

4 Likes

I love Idris, but again I don’t really see if as John

3 Likes

hilarious.

I prefer actors and actresses I have not heard of taking on the roles of any DC Superhero, I think that is one reason I enjoyed Henry Cavill as Superman and whats his face as Shazam and Mr.Hunky as Aquaman , I am sure they have been in things prior, but they were new to me. I don’t like it when bad actors who could be replaced by a baked potato, get a role. ANYHOW, who do you want to see play Kyle Rayner, @bookwormfitzpatrick.91230 ?

5 Likes

I think my idea of one of the Paul brothers playing Booster Gold in a movie qualifies.

5 Likes

OH GOD how do I un-read something

This is truly the worst thing I’ve ever read

2 Likes

My pick would be Michael Cimino. I haven’t seen him in anything, but he has the look and seems like A Very Nice Young Man

2 Likes

Heath Ledger as the Joker
Michael Keaton as Batman
Jason Mamoa as Aquaman
Shaq as Ste…wait, that goes against the point I’m making! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

good enough for me, an unknown, that is basically my major standard for DC Heros, stop going to known actors that either everyone loves or hates and bring in some fresh talent. preferably one who has not played in any teenage girl tv shows.

4 Likes