[New to DCUI Book Club] June 29th 2021 Curated Selection

The [New to DCUI Book Club] presents: a curated selection of what to consider reading from this week’s new releases today, June 29th, 2021, on DC Universe Infinite!

Brian Bendis’ Superman run REALLY ends this time with: Action Comics (2016-) #1028 DC UNIVERSE INFINITE The powerhouse creative team of Brian Michael Bendis, John Romita Jr., and Klaus Janson wrap up their run on Action Comics with “House of Kent: Epilogue.” This standalone Superman story connects threads from Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Superman, Justice League, Legion of Super-Heroes, and other unforgettable series in epic-and unexpected-ways.

Batman’s world is also featured this week with both The Next Batman: Second Son #5

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE (read DC Connect this week to see why this is an important read)

And

Detective #1033 the Road to Ruin Finale (see previous readings this month for reading order)! DC UNIVERSE INFINITE

Six months ago the Death Metal epic had just wound down, and that December 2020 the 8-part “ Endless Winter ” crossover event started up! We continue this week covering all 8 issues of that storyline with these next 2 chapters to the story (in this order):

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK (2018-) #29 (Chapter 7) DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Queen Hippolyta reveals a shocking secret to Wonder Woman as the past and present collide.

Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Black Adam arrives in Gotham City demanding action to end the threat causing an endless winter across the globe. Find out what Adam’s hiding in the penultimate chapter of “Endless Winter.”

Please let us know which comics you decided to choose yourself this time around to read, and what you liked or didn’t like about them this time around.

Have a probing question for the rest of us to discuss and ponder concerning one of these titles? Please post here.

If you like, display favorite panels as well! Let’s again celebrate together this week’s haul on DC Universe Infinite!!

There are lots of other comics this week of course on DCUI newly released. I read the Death Metal Superboy Prime comic earlier today by G Johns…it was okay.

1 Like

I read this tonight. I really liked it and how everything was wrapped up.

2 Likes

Oh I agree. I don’t normally buy new comics but that’s one I did pick up digitally when it came out 6 months ago, but I have to read it again because I have forgotten some of the details.

1 Like

If you haven’t been reading Endless Winter. Don’t sleep on it. It’s a GREAT story and I’d love more event books like it. It’s fun teases some small things and is very well paced.

1 Like

Thank you for the links!

1 Like

The next few weeks will be like the dim dawn before the bright sunrise of Future State coming up on the horizon. We’d love to hear your thoughts though on the comics that were published during this interim period that are appearing on DCUI week to week now.

1 Like

Just read Next Batman Second Son. I just want to say that the actual plot is a little confusing, but I love what Ridley IV is doing with Renee Montoya. There has been very little focus on her right now, and while I wish we could get a little more in her head. I appreciate the little snippits.

1 Like

I’ve been reading it as well and just trying to hang in there because I keep asking myself “why am I in this location in the story” and “why is this important to the story.”

But hey seeing the DC Direct issue this week as well makes it pretty obvious we need to follow this series.

If I can work up the nerve, I will say something.

1 Like