[New to DCU] Book Club Teen Titans: Full Throttle (Teen Titans (2016) #20-24+ Teen Titans Special #1)

Hey Everyone Click here for my Weekly Note!

Hey everyone! Welcome to our humble abode!! Thanks to everyone who joined us last week and anyone joining us for the first time this week! This club is for those who WANT to get into current comics that are just arriving on DCU. This is the fourth week of Unit 2: Smaller Characters

January: Smaller Characters

Week 1: Catwoman: Copycats

Week 2: Green Arrow: Citizen’s Arrest

Week 3: Batgirl: Art of Crime

Week 4: Teen Titans: Full Throttle

Week 5: Hawkman: Awakening
---------

February will focus on other phase 2 opening arcs!

Remember: Every week, you get to vote on which stories to keep reading and which ones to drop.
--------------

So let’s talk about Teen Titans: Full Throttle

Official Description

Tag along with the Teen Titans as they discover a new beginning without the supervision of their elders. Introducing brand-new characters like Crush, Lobo’s illegitimate daughter; Roundhouse, a shape-shifting superhero noob, and Djinn, an 8,000-year-old genie who’s just been let out of her bottle. With a new team behind him, Robin is building something in secret beneath the new Teen Titans HQ.

:books: WHAT TO READ :books:
Teen Titans Special #1
Teen Titans (2016) #20-24

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. Is this your first time reading Teen Titans: Full Throttle

2. What was your favorite moment in the story?

3. How do you feel about Damian’s Story in the Special, do you buy it?

4. Who is your favorite new character

5. Do you think of Damian’s Secret you know what?

6. Should we keep reading the series?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I would love to hear your general reactions to the story as well!

When: 2020-01-27T08:00:00Z2020-02-01T08:00:00Z

Primer: If you want one because you want to get more background context before you start, let me know!

Want to join the club for an exclusive ever-changing flair, notifications, AND early access to reading orders? Join the club by clicking this link: DC Universe

Want to chat on discord? Use this link to join over 200 fans! https://discord.gg/kfSNQP6

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me on through messaging.

-----------------------

New to DCU Wiki

1 Like

How do you pronounce “Djinn?”

Duh-gin

Jin

As badly as i want to say that ‘D’, it is silent. if it helps, you can think gin, as in the booze, as one would find in a gin and tonic.

Good to know!

Thanks, y’all. My brain always tried to throw that d in there, too, but I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

First time reading the conclusion.

My favorite aspect was how the teamwork just wasn’t there. In most team books, they fight well together from the gist even if the dialogue says otherwise. “We need to train more!” while they do everything perfectly . Here, they really did need to train more.

My favorite specific moment was the “I’m peeing now!” bit. That made me laugh out loud.

What do you mean? What’s not to buy? Do you not believe someone could actually enjoy is blood soup?

Roundhouse (was that his name?) was hilarious! Crusher was awesome while holding up that building. Djinn is…dangerous, but so far annoying.

Yeah, that’s not a good thing. He’s definitely crossing the line there. What will Dad say??!?

1 Like

ooo. HERE’S the TT new stuff thread! I’ll add comments later, almost done with it.

Intriguing anyway. The mix of new and seldom-used characters reminds me of the Bendis Young Justice stuff.

1 Like
  1. Yes, this is my first time reading TT Full Throttle.

2. Favorite moments are between Crush and Roundhouse, toooo funny.

3. Daimian’s story in special: way way too dark. I truly hope he didn’t actually murder all those people a la Punisher.

4. Favorite new character: torn between Djinn and Roundhouse.

5. What do I think of Damian’s secret jail? Horrible. I have no idea how Damian survives this untouched and shows up in Legion #3 recently.

6. Yes, let’s keep reading. That upcoming confrontation with Red Hood looks fun!

2 Likes

So I’ve read bits and pieces of this series. But not the Special. I think it if all these I’ve only read the last issue, 24.

I like that Crush held up the whole building. Reminded me of Secret War when Hulk holds up that mountain with all the heros under it. I also like how Crush points out the obvious, that they all have secrets and don’t really trust each other but do have to depend on each other.

I’m not sure. Damian being a jerk continually like this makes me wonder if there will every be any character growth. If anything he has had so many going points of his life. Working with Batman to get past no killing, withing with Dick Grayson to actually be affable and good with partners, dying and coming back to life, His growth in Supersons, but no… His character always comes back to jerk who needs to be better than others and not trust anyone around him. I get that it’s the easiest way to write him, but it also is him alienating all the people he had connections to.

Roundhouse is fantastic. Don’t quite have a bead on what his powers are yet though.

For sure his secret prison won’t bite him in the ass.

@DEATHBONE Where are these images coming from?