[New to DCU] Book Club CRISIS ON INFINITE CLUBS! Dark Nights Metal AKA Dark Crisis

Hey Everyone Click here for my Weekly Note!

Hey everyone! Welcome to our humble abode!! Thanks to everyone who joined us last week and anyone joining us for the first time this week! This club is for those who WANT to get into current comics that are just arriving on DCU. The first 9 weeks will be called The Groundwork. The Groundwork will focus on reading the series which define all the current stuff. Groundwork is changing with some frequency, so make sure to click the drop-down to see what’s coming!

The Groundwork

Week 1: Justice League: No Justice by Scott Snyder
Week 2: Justice League: The Totality by Scott Snyder
Week 3: Batman: The Wedding (and the optional tie-in)
Week 4: Detective Comics: On the Outside by Brian Hill.
Week 5: Flash War by Josh Williamson
Week CRISIS: Dark Nights Metal
Week 6: Flash: Reckoning of the Forces by Josh Williamson
Week 7: Batman: Cold Days by Tom King
Week 8: Justice League: Graveyard of Gods by Scott Snyder

Every week, you get to vote on which stories to keep reading and which ones to drop.

**So let’s talk about Dark Nights Metal

Official Description

Beyond our universe there is the Multiverse… and beneath the Multiverse is a nightmare realm where every fear that has ever been felt on our Earth becomes reality. Now an evil force as old as time wants to drag us down into the shadows, into the realm of never-ending terror.

But when the door between worlds opens, it’s not just any nightmares that come spilling out. They call themselves the Dark Knights. Each one is a twisted version of Batman from a world where one of his worst fears has come true.

With the invasion underway and Batman trapped in the Dark Multiverse, the Justice League must undergo an impossible quest to find the mysterious metals capable of repelling the Dark Knights and their master, the fearsome Barbatos. If they fail, everything they’ve ever known will be plunged into eternal darkness. But the true horror is… what if they’re already too late?

This is a crisis, so it isn’t the easiest starting point. That Being said It’s CRISIS ON INFINITE CLUBS WEEK!!!

:books: WHAT TO READ :books:
Dark Days: The Forge #1
Dark Days: The Casting #1
Dark Nights Metal #1-6

:eight_spoked_asterisk: DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. Is this your first time reading Dark Nights Metal
  2. What was the stand out moment in the main story to you?
  3. Which Dark Knight is your favorite (if you say The Batman Who Laughs, I want a second place)
  4. Does this book deserve to be called a Crisis?
  5. Did you like the ending or not?
  6. Should the name have been Dark Crisis or did you like the name Dark Nights: Metal?
  • Dark Crisis
  • Dark Nights: Metal

0 voters

I would love to hear your general reactions to the story as well!

When: 2019-12-05T08:00:00Z2019-12-11T08:00:00Z
This weeks flair is

Primer for those who want some background here!
Want to join the club for an exclusive ever-changing flair, notifications, AND early access to reading orders? Join the club by clicking this link: DC Community

Want to chat on discord? Use this link to join over 200 fans! https://discord.gg/kfSNQP6

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me on through messaging.
-----------------------
New to DCU Wiki

1 Like

I had read this some months ago partially just to read it, but also I wanted some background after reading a particular week in World of Wonder. I’m considering if not a re-read, a healthy skim to refresh my memory. Also, at the time, i read it with all the tie ins, so this time without, might tip the scale…

I would call this story arc a crisis, but i will have to get back to this thread on the proverbial deets.

favorite dark knight: currently torn between the lantern and the aquaman version, which was a woman, Bryce i think her name was. The Batman Who Laughs tie in had some great moments, but is not part of the selected reading.

So I would call this story a crisis because the dark knights’ boss (I forget his name) wants to take over the positive multiverse so that the dark multiverse will survive. i liked that the dark universe numbers were negative.

Also, The @HubCityQuestion listed it in his 7 crises trivia question when he last appeared on DC Daily. And I for one will not question said HCQuestion about that.

edited for if invoking someone's name, at least include the '@'

1 Like

I’ve read the main issues in the past, looking forward to the reread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read this when it was coming out and again just recently so I’m going off of memory on these questions.

Old man Batman being in such despair and the relationship between Superman and him.

The Man who Laughs is a great villian, so second place I’ll go with the Aquaman version. I may be biased because hers was one of the only tie-in one shots that I bought.

Well, it was a crisis, and it had long term ramifications, so it fits. But if also be okay with DC going another twenty years before ever using Crisis in a title again.

Yes, I liked the whole enchilada.

Hey, the poll’s closed!

@ralphsix FIXED!

1 Like

I don’t like the name, but it’s appropriate. Snyder’s work on Batman has had a heavy metal vibe since at least “Zero Year,” so it suits the material.

1 Like

Maybe they could have called it “Dark Crisis: Metal?”

1 Like

I know the week is over, but I wanted to add that i did like the ending. Even though i never did that refresher…

1 Like

Absolutely. I’m making the next week today

1 Like

Apparently DC liked the ‘Dark Crisis’ idea. :wink: