New to DC Universe App...what's everyone watching & reading?

Reading the Young Justice comics based on the TV show. Those are hard to find physical copies. Nice to be able to get them here.

4 Likes

Raven from 2016 is a good read

2 Likes

If you are a batman and wonder woman fan you should start off with Justice League War And Justice League Thorn of at Alantis Great Films :+1:

2 Likes

I really liked the Year One series.

1 Like

Reading Swamp Thing and Checkmate… waiting for Titans!

2 Likes

Reading Deathstroke (2014-) and the Return of Superman saga. And I’m watching Justice League TAS for the first time!

3 Likes

I have been watching Lois and Clark and reading the death of Superman

3 Likes

Just Got the app today. Real excited for what’s in store for the dcu. one thing I’m wondering is if the dcu is ready for me though. Let the bats out the cave bring on the Kryptonians and for goodness sake give me more Bat-Cow I need more Bat-Cow.

3 Likes

I read through Animal Man and watched several episodes of Batman TAS. I watched doc about the history of DC (sadly a lot of fluff in it). I tried reading The Dark Knight Returns, but sadly it was pulled from the service very quickly. I’ve also been reading some of the Death of Superman, but I probably won’t get to read all of it given it will only be on the service for a month.

1 Like

Also excited for anything Wonder Woman, but I finished Identity Crisis which was awesome, finished the Catwoman stuff and I’m in the middle of Batwoman which is very enjoyable so far. Enjoying the comics most of all. It really makes the app. Also rewatching Wonder Woman and Justice League Animated which rules.

2 Likes

Watching and reading Under the Red Hood

2 Likes

I’ve been enjoying all the DC Daily stuff

3 Likes

DC Daily…daily! And I can finally get to see all of the animated movies, so many I missed! After that it’s TV series.

Reading wise I’m loving re-reading Swamp Thing (read those when they first came out a long time ago) and Grant Morrison’s run on Doom Patrol.

2 Likes

DC daily after work every day. Watched the original Superman movie when the service launched. Just finished Batman Beyond. Now watching Superman 2

1 Like

Still haven’t gotten around to see DC Daily, how long is it?

1 Like

It depends- the have DC headlines/news segment, then a review of a pilot of a series available for streaming, then sometimes an interview with writers and artists(which have been very good so far), then sometimes something called Report, which is a more in depth story, and then it ends with a panels discussion. Budget 20 to 30 minutes of your day for this.

1 Like

Death of Superman!

1 Like

PSA: when the guy announcing this app on YouTube first said the features he said that we would have curated playlist of comics to read… I’m pretty sure what that means is overtime the system is going to learn what you like so now is the time to go through and hit that like button and all your favorite characters that way once we get the first update , major update I mean , then your library will start to actually be curated towards you with all your favorite comics … I’m not positive if this will mean that you get full strings of your favorite comics but it for sure means that you’ll get more of your favorite characters :grinning:

DC Daily has been my favorite thing about this app. The first episodes are divided into 5-10min segments. Everything after that is 20-30 minutes of one episode. I really love reading Identity Crisis and then watch them talk about it one episode 4c I believe it was. Batwoman New 52 got me weeettt for the new show. Raven 2016 is a sleeper hit. I noticed Batwing has the most amount of issues out of every single series. Like legit 35 or so issues. If you love to binge then I would hop on that😋

3 Likes

Just saw yesterday’s episode and…I dig the show! I’ll be watching more

1 Like

Death of Superman is a great movie, enjoyed it a lot. I have never watched Young Justice, which I am currently correcting. A few episodes from finishing the first season and I would recommend it highly. Great show. I went back and watched the first Superman movie again, which I haven’t seen since I was a lad. I was surprised how good it actually was and how good Reeves played that role (not to keen on the very end of the movie, but, hey, it was '78). Enjoyed 11 issues of Power Girl, almost done with the 12 issues of The New Teen Titans and anxious to start on the 36 issues of Birds of Prey. Jeesh…I’ve been busy and enjoying the service. On the downside, I would avoid Ninja Batman. Thought that was lousy. But no one gets everything right all the time. I hope you enjoy your DC adventure.

1 Like