New to DC Universe App...what's everyone watching & reading?

Just got the app yesterday. Excited for anything Batman and Wonder Woman. Think I’m going to start on Batman the Aninated series. Haven’t seen it yet.

24 Likes

Watching Netflix and reading comixology. Hope you didn’t get suckered into the full year with no refund trap. If you did, you should choose series like deathstroke, batwoman, Batman eternal , or the action comics with the most complete runs. Overall, I have two pieces of advice: 1) don’t enjoy any comic series too much because DC has decided to go with the EA business model of * pay us for access and then pay us more now that you’re in * which basically means you’re gonna have to pay more to finish almost every comic story available. 2) find a comic you like and read fast…there’s seems to be no rhyme or reason to their addition and subtraction of comics so far . I’ve checked the comic selection every day hoping they would improve it and I’ve have seen random changes which may be a buzzkill if they remove a book you were reading . We are on their time and we only get the bare bones selection they tell us were allowed to read.

As far as movies and tv … You may love it or hate it Depending on how much you liked 90s tv , cartoon reruns, a daily show that has already lost much of its appeal, and binge watching the good movies before they take them down. These upcoming original tv shows better be Emmy worthy contenders or else this app may be a sinking ship that many of us won’t be able to abandon for 15 months. ( got to love nonrefundable disappointment ) My advice to you if you haven’t purchased a year subscription … Cancel this and go buy the DC comics you like elsewhere . Wait until this app improves or ends up being free-to-pay. ****I’ll end with some positives though : I really enjoyed All Star Western 1-6, Deathstroke 1-6, Arkham City 1-5 , and Batwoman 0-5. There ARE some good runs on here just gotta dig through the previews and scraps to find them. Enjoy !

1 Like

I’ve just finished watching Legion of Super Heroes. I’m also reading Starman 1994 and Nightwing 1996.

1 Like

sounds like a good start…there’s a ton of content here and there’s more to come. Enjoy!

4 Likes

I have finished BTAS and Identity Crisis. Over halfway through Batman Beyond and reading several different full story arcs.

1 Like

Gotta wait for those original/exclusive shows and movies. That’s where the fun will begin. Not to mention, all the nostalgia.

2 Likes

Reading some Swamp Thing comics

1 Like

Watching Young Justice and reading batgirl year one

1 Like

The very first things I watched were “Constantine” and “Gotham by Gaslight”!
Great watches!

2 Likes

Reading Kevin Smith’s Green Arrow now.

1 Like

Teen Titans.

1 Like

Just watching all the animated movies. Will watch Teen Titans afterwards.

1 Like

watching DC Daily…daily. And loved the shorts and exploring Legion of SuperHeroes and New Gods in comics

1 Like

Teen Titans. But I’m going to start reading Swamp Thing.

2 Likes

I’ve already seen most of the things on here, but I plan to watch a few things I haven’t yet like Death of Superman (I did read the comics a long time ago though), and Batman Ninja. Watching Lois & Clark right now, but already getting tired of it lol. Not really reading much of the comics on here since the collection is so poorly put together, I just read a little bit of the old Nightwing comics. Most of the stuff here is stuff I’ve already gone through and the comics they put on here are barely anything to talk about. Not much comic content.

1 Like

Death of superman, identity crisis, Raven, JLA: Classified, and Trinity

1 Like

Browsing through the encyclopedia again as I think there are a few new additions. Not sure

Going to read more Deathstroke comics in a while

1 Like

Highly recommend Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters and Batman Ninja

2 Likes

For the most part I’ve been watching a lot of the dc animated movies. Last night I watched throne of Atlantis and it was really good.

3 Likes

Batman TAS, Superman TAS, and reading The Death and Return of Superman before it gets taken down in about a month.

1 Like