New Suicide Squad Anime “Suicide Squad Isekai” Coming 2024

The anime is said to come out next year.

Teaser

Trailer

Concepts

Character posters

13 Likes

Can’t have a Suicide Squad series without Harley Quinn apparently. :smile:
I hope it’s a villainous take on the character because I am one of the few jerks out there who love “evil” Harley Quinn.

Also Amanda Waller is here and just a second on screen and she’s just…perfect.

tumblr_inline_o61y7r9OzY1qenu8a_500

8 Likes

Looks interesting. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Happy Anniversary :tada:

4 Likes

I don’t generally like to just share dislike online, but given what a big change DC is going through rn I feel like everyone’s opinion matters even more than usual, so here goes.

DC, in the immortal words of Luz Noceda, “I hate everything you’re saying right now.”

I’ve been vocal on here about how I feel about Amanda Waller: I know that when you sign up to work for DC, they make you swear on the Watchmen TPB that you will write Waller as evil incarnate and have all the “good guys” say “Life is gray sometimes, therefore she can be as uncomplicatedly bad as she wants!” Having recently seen The Suicide Squad but not yet started on Peacemaker (I know! I know I have to, it’s very high on the list), it looks like, so far, James Gunn is finally writing the other characters as not being defensive of her and even working against her when all of Corto Maltese was at stake. So please, people, listen to the man.

And secondly, while as a general rule, I’m not a devout follower of the concept of linear narrative and am therefore cool with stories set before Harley and Joker’s breakup, it’s only if the abusive nature of their relationship is handled well, and who knows whether this will treat the issue like it should.

4 Likes

ooooh

6 Likes

Visually - looks cool. But this is Suicide Squad? I see only Harley & Joker, and a clip of The Wall for like a second at best.

3 Likes

:thinking:

9 Likes

Wowza… I’m so curious about this! Hope it comes out awesome

5 Likes

Harley looks cute but why wasn’t the rest of the squad in the trailer?

4 Likes

I think it either they won’t be in it as much, didn’t/weren’t able to reveal them yet, or because Harley and Joker sell more for marketing.

6 Likes

Agreed with that last point there!

I do think these designs are pretty cool. Sticking with the BoP hair!

6 Likes

I never watch anime, but this is one that I will definitely watch!

5 Likes

I don’t typically go for anime, but this looks fun. Always happy for more Harley content :0_harley_quinn:

5 Likes

Exactly! Much like Batman is used (no offense) but good luck selling another JL movie WITHOUT Batman lol.

Or Wolverine over at Marvel. X-Men was around in the comics for what 10-20 years before he became a main? Next thing ya know he was in the Avengers, X-Force, basically everything.

5 Likes

I’m so excited for this! I’ve only seen one or two anime series, but I’m definitely marking this on my calendar - I can never get enough Suicide Squad. :00_suicide_squad:

6 Likes

Harls looks amazing here as always. Not sure why rekoJ ehT needs to be in it. He and Harls’ days of being an item are long over with. Anyhoo- looking forward to this in a big way. :+1:

5 Likes

I think I saw somewhere that this was presented at Anime Expo 2023 and that the lady presenting it was dressed like Katana, so she might show up there as well. Which makes sense considering…well, Japan. The fact that we haven’t had a Katana anime yet is rather surprising, honestly.

Anyway, this looks cool. I’m not super knowledgable on anime, but all the weebs I’ve seen are saying these are some big names that do a lot of great anime projects, so I’m sure it’s going to look spectacular. I’ll definitely give this a look when it comes out.

5 Likes

Never thought I would say any of this but they are making a Suicide Squad Isekai and it looks good so far. What are your thoughts?

7 Likes

Can I lock them all up in prison now? Please. Please.

5 Likes