NEW! MONTHLY! Comic Book Library Reading Challenge - May 2024

Welcome to the new MONTHLY! comic book library reading challenge!! Every month I will post 10 unique challenges to get YOU reading the comic book library that is available through the DC Universe Infinite app. For May, I am starting us off with only 5 challenges because I am getting in a few days later than I had planned. Every other month WILL HAVE 10 CHALLENGES. Some may be relatively easy to complete, while others may prove to be a bit more of a challenge. Complete however many you can!

MAY, 2024 CHALLENGE –

1. RANDOM - Go Go Crossover Comic! Read a mini-series that is a crossover with a non-dc property. Some examples are Justice League/Power Rangers and Batman/Judge Dredd. As long as one of the featured characters is not a DC Comics character, you are good for this challenge. You need to read all of it though.

2. TITLE/SERIES - There are 3 “Super Powers” series in the comic book library – READ 2 OF THEM COMPLETELY!! You choose the two, but you must read the two of the three in their entirety.

3. EVENT – DC One Million – Put DC One Million in the search and read at least 6 titles that are a part of this event series. You can read any of the single issues that were attached to the series, read the 4 issues of the main series and 2 of these, or any combination that floats your boat. 6 issues though have to have been read.

4. COVER – Find and read 4 issues that have FLOWERS on their cover. You must post what four single issues you read and I will be checking to see if they have FLOWERS on the cover. Happy hunting for this!

5. CHARACTER – Rose and Thorn – Read 4 issues that contain the character Rose and Thorn. (When I did a search more issues came up under THORN for the character.)

Feel free everyone to message me on here with a suggestion for a challenge any time! You might find your challenge included in a future month!

6 Likes

WHOOOOAAAAAA YEAH LET’S GO!!!

I am ON BOARD for this

5 Likes

CHALLENGE #1: Covered DC MEETS HANNA-BARBERA for the ABC challenge this month. Counting that for this as well.

5 Likes

One of the reasons I created the monthly challenge was directly for you :smile: I hope others join in, but I expected you to be the first in line. I am glad you are, as well.

4 Likes

I think I’d lose my mind if I tried to do this lol If I do a challenge in reading whatever I’m reading, I’ll definitely fill it out. Otherwise, I think I’ve gotta work more towards the year-long one

3 Likes

My challenge list:

1. Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II 1-6
3 Likes

I’ve been catching up on G. Willow Wilson’s POISON IVY for the 2024 Alphabet Challenge, and have now picked up four covers with flowers:

5 Likes

I love Ivy’s covers, they’re always so good :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Read the '84 and '85 SUPER POWERS books! Even tracked Paul Kupperberg down on social media and asked him a question about it. Turns out he doesn’t know why Jack Kirby didn’t write the '85 book either.

4 Likes

I read DC ONE MILLION #1-4 again for the first time in 20 years, plus the Aquaman and Wonder Woman tie-ins.

I’m going through Brian Michael Bendis’ LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES for my L on the ABC challenge, a series which includes Rose and Thorn as a supporting character. They’ve already shown up in 2 issues I’ve read.

3 Likes

I have completed LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (2019) #1-8. Issues 1, 2, 6, and 8 all include appearances by Rose and Thorn. Which means I have now completed the May 2024 challenge! I’ll be spending the rest of the month working on the remainders of my ABC list.

2 Likes