New Community Open Discussion: Friday, Sept 13th 4:30pm-5:30pm PST

This is going to seem a little odd because I do really want to share screenshots with all of you, but the system is such that when I share images, I won’t have my little checkmark. Never fear, it is I!

3 Likes

Rummages through questions

1 Like

Hey “Error! Something went wrong!” forum glitches, your shoelaces are untied.

glitches look at their feet, they’re then disposed of via my Boomstick

Groovy.

marfs a Funyun

1 Like

@PrincessAmethyst asks:

“Will there be stickied threads in community 2.0, so the important or most up-to-date conversations remain available to actually see or is there some other type of way that this is addressed in 2.0?”

Indeed there will! Not only will each Category have their own stickied posts, there are also BANNER posts which rise above the categories and float over the top of the topics across each individual landing page. These will be for Very Important Posts such as “15% off your whole cart, today only in the shop!”
(Screenshot to follow of pinned topic)

“Oftentimes I find myself missing out on conversations or not seeing something until much later because of the consistent movement of topics on the forums.”

Preach.

“Also did you move forward with the badge and ranking system that was previously mentioned on the forums? If so, how has that process evolved over time. Look forward to your answers, AJ.”

Heheh, hehehhehehe. Hehehe. We did! Currently in design phase- I actually have the latest batch in my inbox and haven’t gotten a chance to look, can you b elieve that? ! One of the most exciting facets of this work. No screenshots here, would like to wait till NYCC to elaborate :slight_smile:

As for how it’s evolved over time, gosh PA. It started off very pie-in-the-sky, as most dreams are wont to be. We did a lot of thinking around the following:

-Badge tiers: Gamification, what it means to feel like you EARNED each level of a badge in a specific category (for example, comment 5 times, 100 times, 1,000 times). Considering what is meaningful, what the true definition of earning is and what would make you all really feel like it was something special. In addition to the actual feeling, how do those tiers LOOK? Early designs had a single image that “flowered”- received little filigrees or fronds around the edges. Those didn’t feel right. It didn’t feel special. It was like, “Cool, The Flash has some leaves around them now, but I don’t really care.” We realized over time that what was fun was collecting individual characters associated with funny pun titles.

-Functionality: As much as we want to do all the things, we have to start with only the badge earning that can happen within the Community; integration into earning badges across the other pillars of the service will have to wait, but the goal has always been to roll badges out in batches, rather than all at once.

-Long Term Plan: To that above point, we can’t just throw out a bunch of badges without thinking about the future and being thoughtful about earning each character- You can only EARN Superman so many times.

6 Likes

Ive currently been stuck on a train for the past 30 mins, my commute is already 3 hours as it is. Any advice?

2 Likes

Will it be available on samsung tv or playstation anytime soon

2 Likes

Pinned Topic.

6 Likes

Sorry if I’m being long-winded.

2 Likes

@reload, try some comics! To get in the mood for Halloween, how about House of Mystery?

3 Likes

@WildWestDeadshot, that’s not quite relevant to this discussion but the answer is we are aiming to get on more platforms over time and keep your eyes peeled for official announcements!

2 Likes

The holy of holies…an edit button!

Praise Jebus.

1 Like

@TurokSonOfStone1950 asks:

"1. I consider the Start Reading Articles very important, for both new members and members interested in a character they are unfamiliar with.

Will these articles be easily available so I can just point the member to a section in the Community 2.0?"

Hmmmm… well, we do aim to make sure and post every article in the community. But our trick is, we don’t want those articles to just be repurposed, you know? Our aim is to ENGAGE and spark conversation interactively, whereas news is a one-way communication. So to answer your question YES, we will post each article, but in doing so, repurpose the article. For example:

“Have You Started Reading Justice League Dark?”

"Explore the whole article here: [insert link]

We’d love to hear your thoughts on JL:D! Who was your favorite character?"

Okay, not my best work, but that’s what I’m thinking about.

ALSO! We’ll have a specific area for Recommended Reading that these posts will be tagged for. Each post that qualifies as “reading recommendations” will be tagged that way. When you click the “Recomme nded reading” button, the forums will populate with all topics tagged with Recommended Reading. Screensh-ish to follow :slight_smile: (We don’t have a lot of topics but I’ll show you the button).

"2. For new members who have not read DC comics before, please suggest that they view

Secret Origins The Story of DC Comics

And

Justice League New Frontier

As they provide needed background information"

I think the above will take care of that! Great suggestion :slight_smile:

“3. The Tech Support Contact us should include entries for Device, Operating System version and other items that Tech Support needs to solve problems.”

Can you be more specific? Challenge here is the Help Center is meant for evergreen topics rather than momentary, and any issues/workarounds for specific platforms/OS should be in development, is my thinking. But maybe I’m missing something important!

1. Links should work on all devices

No problem there! They’ll work on all devices :slight_smile:

1 Like

(Already running out of time and don’t want to step on the Titans WAL, so I’m not answering anything that’s an explicit question :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

“Essential Reading”, m’bad.- not “recommended”.

3 Likes

Ugh, still having some trouble posting… hopefully these are showing up.

2 Likes

Boo-urns. Lost my response to Hubs. Stand by.

2 Likes

I was talking about the form that members submit when they have problems not the Help Center which involve general questions

2 Likes

@TurokSonOfStone1950, our additional functionality will really lean into the notion that our forums are not intended to be a technical support resource, and we have a lot of ways of redirecting folks now :slight_smile:

2 Likes