New Community Open Discussion: Friday, Sept 13th 4:30pm-5:30pm PST

This Friday, September 13th from 4:30pm-5:30pm, I’ll be sitting with all y’all to answer any questions you have about the incoming Community software. You can expect some sneak peeks, insights on big changes, answers to questions about the beta tester process, and anything else you want to know!

We are holding back some details until earlier in October, but rest assured: The New Community Is Coming.

Join us, won’t you?

Feel free to post your questions in the comments below. I will return this Friday to answer them all to the best of my abilities, and share a little more to boot! :point_down::question::point_down:

5 Likes

Will there be stickied threads in community 2.0, so the important or most up-to-date conversations remain available to actually see or is there some other type of way that this is addressed in 2.0? Oftentimes I find myself missing out on conversations or not seeing something until much later because of the consistent movement of topics on the forums.

Also did you move forward with the badge and ranking system that was previously mentioned on the forums? If so, how has that process evolved over time. Look forward to your answers, AJ.

3 Likes

Man, I can’t wait. This update is gonna be epic! I am proud to be a witness to how this forum is evilving!!

Color me Whlemed!!!

3 Likes
  1. I consider the Start Reading Articles very important, for both new members and members interested in a character they are unfamiliar with.

Will these articles be easily available so I can just point the member to a section in the Community 2.0?

The optimal place for them is in Get to Know, as was done for

Dick Grayson
SuperGirl
Superman
The Flash
The New Teen Titans
Wonder Woman

The Get to Know should be expanded to include Green. Arrow, Black Lightning and other popular characters, with as least 50 entries.

If not, these articles should be indexed for Search. Currently only very recent News show up in Search

1. For new members who have not read DC comics before, please suggest that they view

Secret Origins The Story of DC Comics
And
Justice League New Frontier

As they provide needed background information

1. The Tech Support Contact us should include entries for Device, Operating System version and other items that Tech Support needs to solve problems.

2. Links should work on all devices.

3 Likes

reserves a table, makes note to bring Funyuns

3 Likes

The thing I’m looking forward to is collecting badges! I hope you’ve got some worthy challenges for us.

3 Likes

Friday the 13th? This will be an unlucky stream.

3 Likes

@Behemoth.Ravenlord, I guess it depends on how you view it. I love Friday the 13th because that’s when my oldest seedling came into this Universe. :wink:

6 Likes

How many of these features will be available at launch of 2.0?

1. The ability to delete your own posts or threads
  2. The ability to edit your own posts or threads
  3. Support for text formatting, including italics, bolding and strikethrough
  4. The ability to put users on a Block or Ignore list (unpleasant to address, I know, but one which I believe is a necessary feature as a last resort)
5 Likes
  1. Better pagination on desktop than “click to view 5 posts earlier”
3 Likes

Will we be able to message mods and tell them about concerns we have about how a thread is going wrong?
Will the mods have the power to officially close threads if they have gotten to far off-topic?
Will we receive notifications when we are tagged in a post?

2 Likes

Riddle me this:

A. Will our profile pictures be larger?

1. Will we be able to include signatures on our posts?

:heart:. Can our posts emit an aroma of Brut cologne if we so choose?

5 Likes

I use DC Universe apps, will this connect to the apps once it’s updated as well?

2 Likes

Just an update

Search. Now works with search item

Start Reading with or without character name

And gives good results

Must click on News Heading to see result for News

2 Likes

What browser support on Mac does it have?

Will the beta be solely browser based or app based as well?

2 Likes

Is it possible to have a more of a social media-esque interface in the community? What I mean by that is our profile expressing what we like dislike, tagging people on here and notifications related to the same. I apologise if I have not been clear but essential it would be nice to receive notifications when someone addresses me directly and that takes me to that comment concerned as opposed to me scrolling through the section to find who has been talking to me directly

2 Likes

Can I be overlord or the new community?

2 Likes

And here…we…go!

pops open bag of Funyuns

2 Likes

huf huf huf Hi everyone! How about them forum glitches, amiright?

5 Likes

Mmmm, delicious questions… and Funyuns…

3 Likes