New Comics for The Week of 11/27/19: What'd Ya Get?

Happy Thanksgiving Eve comics fans! In addition to the day before Turkey Day, it’s also Wednesday, aka New Comics Day, aka our weekly Christmas.

Here are a few brand new highlights from DC for this week, fresh from their publishing ovens and ready for your holiday reading table/enjoyment:

Shazam! #8

Shazam vs Pumpkinhead! No, it’s not Pumpkinhead, but it is still an odd looking creature.

John Constantine, Hellblazer #1

John’s new adventures begin, and back under a more adult themed label to boot.

Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Infinite Crisis

Something tells me there’s no 52 coming after this story, much less the One Year Later tales that we know.

From DC and beyond, what’s your reading spread of new comics look like for this holiday week?

Happy Thanksgiving! :smiley: :turkey: :canned_food: :pie: :hamburger: :potato: :orange_circle:

2 Likes

Will Enjoy

Angel
Freedom Fighters
Justice League Dark
Second Coming
The Terrifics
Valkyrie: Jane Foster

Hopefull

Basketful of Heads
Books of Magic
The Crow: Hark the Herald
Fallen Angels
John Constantine: Hellblazer
Killadelphia
The Last God
New Mutants
The Plot
Red Hood and the Outlavs
Shazam
Tales from Dark Multiverse: Infinite. Crisis
X-Force

Uneven

The Flash

Not Easy to Understand
not this werk

Much Worse than Peak
Action Comics
Detective Comics
Martian Manhunter Art

Not bought because bad writing
Supergirl Annual
Batgirl needs new arc or ither writer

2 Likes

I got me:
John Constantine
Basketful of Heads
Tales from the Dark Multiverse Infinite Crisis
The Last God
And a couple 100 page giants

2 Likes

Swell stuff, @ralphsix. Which Giant books did ya nab?

1 Like

Swamp Thingie and Batman

1 Like

Justice League Dark
The Last God
The Terrifics
Hellblazer
Second Coming
Criminal
Detective Comics
Martian Manhunter
Shazam
Freedom Fighters
Basketful of Heads
Bettie Page Unbound
East of West
Killadelphia
X-force
Star Trek Picard

1 Like

Man, I used to buy that many comics!

Sigh.

1 Like

To paraphrase Erasmus: “When I have a little money, I buy comics; and if I have any left I buy food and clothes.”

3 Likes

It was a good week:
Hellblazer (2 variants)
Justice League Dark
Red Hood
And I ordered Books of Magic this week because it has Constantine in it but I waited too long and need to wait until it comes into the store.

1 Like

Just Red Hood for me this week.

1 Like

@JasonTodd428 How was that? I was tempted to snag it, but I’m on a break from Red Hood right now.

I’ve been enjoying the “Generation Outlaw” arc so far. I like the kids Jason’s mentoring and I’m also glad to see Reiser again since I was probably one of the few people who liked Doomed. This issue left me wondering what exactly Lex is up to here and ended with the not so perfect reunion of Jason and some people who have been MIA.

1 Like

Detective
Shazam
Batgirl
Supergirl
Action

1 Like

@JasonTodd428 Reiser is in Red Hood? My glob!

I’m one of the few who liked Doomed too, so that’s interesting to see him back in action.

1 Like

I found an old collection of NML. I got the first volume. (If I don’t keep up my reputation, who will?)

1 Like

Supergirl Annual was really good. I had expected the infected arc to drag it down, but the writer chose to leave the infected element in the background and focused on telling a good Kara story. Wonderful surprise that I did not expect.

1 Like