New Comics for The Week of 10/23/19: What'd Ya Get?

It’s Wednesday and that means brand new comics! As Fred Stickley said nearly 24 and a 1/2 years ago: “WOOHOO!”

So, what are you looking forward to this week from DC and beyond?

2 Likes

Will Enjoy
Angel
Batman: Curse of White Knight
Dial H for Hero
Freedom Fighters
Justice League Dark
Second Coming
The Terrifics
Valkyrie: Jane Foster

Hopeful
Batman/Superman
Doctor Mirage
Marauders X men at sea Kitty
Strikeforce

Difficult to Read
Martian Manhunter (Art)

Uneven
Aquaman Annual
Books of Magic
Detective Comics
The Flash

Much Worse than Early Rebirth
Action Comics
Batgirl
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Wonder Woman

4 Likes

@TurokSonOfStone1950 I saw that Martian Manhunter was out this week and thought “That series hasn’t ended yet?”, as it feels like it’s been going on for more than it’s planned 12 issues. Easily my least favorite book to star J’onn.

I snagged the new issues of Action Comics, Batman/Superman, The Flash, and The Terrifics, along with the Black Adam: Year of The Villain one-shot.

3 Likes

In a very unusual week, I wasn’t going to pull anything.

However I saw that Tim Seeley and Sarah Beattie released a new comic called Money Shot and gave it a chance on Comixology.

It gave me a few chuckles. It has my curiosity. I’ll be back for next issue.

2 Likes

Interesting take! I’ve been wanting to read that Martian Manhunter series! Waiting for the graphic novel. Why didn’t you like it?

1 Like

I scooped up Money Shot as well. Haven’t read it yet, but by the short description it seems like my type of thing. :blush:

2 Likes

I think I’m on strike until a real Titans book comes along

1 Like

@MisfitH My friend, there’s always the Teen Titans Giant and Titans Giant series. Ably written by Dan Jurgens with superb artwork by Scot Eaton (and possibly others, I don’t recall offhand ATM), both series are alot of fun and seemingly continuity free.

3 Likes

I have read the first collected issue there-- I’m just not sure why Robin is Tim, if they are not going to fit into Rebirth continuity somehow.

2 Likes

The artwork. I like Steve Orlando as a writer just fine, and I always say “By H’ronmeer’s beard!” while eating Choco cookies in celebration of when a new Martian Manhunter book is announced and begins to come along, but Riley Rossmo’s art on this maxi-series is kind of…blah. It’s blobby, messy and all manner of distracting from the writing.

My favorite Martian Manhunter solo book remains his DC You series, so I’ve been re-reading that when the mood for solo tales with J’onn and other martians strikes.

2 Likes

Back when it was assumed that the Giants were in continuity, I had the same question. Upon eventually learning that they are largely continuity free, I adopted the “■■■■ it.” mentality and just sat back to enjoy the ride. :oncoming_automobile:

1 Like

We don’t need Kelex for wisdom!

2 Likes

To quote Monica Gellar: “I know!”

@Kelex wisdom

:left_speech_bubble: Dont make me send you to another dimension. — Raven, Teen Titans 2003

2 Likes

Try again Kelex.

@Kelex wisdom

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: I am vengeance, I am the night, I am Batman! — Batman

1 Like

Eh, it’ll do.

1 Like

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @Kelex display help.

1 Like

Just Red Hood: Outlaw for me this week but I haven’t had a chance to read it yet.

2 Likes

I am so hyped for the new Terrifics and Dial H for Hero. I’m so glad the Terrifics is still going on and that Dial H got an extension, since they abandoned all the other new age titles in favor of Wonder Comics. I’m glad that Wonder Comics is doing well tho.

4 Likes