New Comics for 11/6/19: What'd Ya Get?

DC already did an Undiscovered Country comic. Why would Snyder re-do it over at Image? I mean, guh :crazy_face:

Serirously, his UC looks pretty cool. Giuseppe Camuncoli is a rad artist.

3 Likes

Legion of Superheroes and Buffy.

Legion was decent but not measuring up to any earlier legion versions I have read. The new designs don’t really fall on my palate either. With a pretty big backlog of old Legion comics left to read I don’t see myself picking up any more issues of the Bendis legion. Maybe once I have read every previous issue, and by then the issues should be freely available here.

3 Likes

Batman Universe

Doom Patrol

GL Blackstars

Inferior Five

Justice League

LOSH

Lois Lane

Superman: Up in the Sky

Wonder Twins

Space Bandits

Berserker Unbound

Dragonfly and Dragonflyman

3 Likes

I got Justice League (does anyone else find those clear plexi covers kinda weird) Legion cause I’ll give it a shot, Undiscovered Country, Manifest Destiny & Shoplifters will be Liquidated. A hilarious comic that speaks to me as someone who has worked retail at a big box store.

3 Likes

4 Likes

[Undiscovered Country] I glad you liked this book I was kinda iffy on it cause it sounded like a soapbox comic about how bad trump is. Then I saw the reviews and got a more in depth plot synopsis and I decided to give it a shot because I allways liked Snyders work. Im actualy really excited to read it with all the positive buzz its getting now!

4 Likes

Every time I tried to look up reviews for it I kept getting this star trek movie :grin:.

3 Likes

I forgot to list Undiscovered Country.

4 Likes

@Shark-Seed

Did you look at

Comic Book Roundup

It has summary of many reviews
Of each of the major comics of the week

And

You csn click on a link to see the detailed review

They are two scores

For reviewers
From Ordinary readers

3 Likes

@TurokSonOfStone1950 I’ll have to check that out for all the future releases, thanks. I normaly just go on youtube or read the previews. (Yes I know randos on the internet the most reliable source of information) Its just hard to find good comic review sites that arnt plastered with spoilers to the whole issue.

3 Likes

Comic Book Roundup does

Summary
Not Spoilers

The links might contain spoilers though, especially bad reviews

3 Likes

The best Star Trek movie too! :nerd_face:

1 Like

@Vroom

Is that where

Spock.says

The needs of the many outweighs that of the few or one

You have always been my friend

2 Likes

Checked out 6 DC books this week.

BATMAN #82: Story’s coming full circle all right. Tom King loves to rhyme with himself. It’s been a journey, but I’m about ready for it to be over.

BATMAN UNIVERSE #5: I like the way Bendis writes Batman. He’s not wallowing in despair, or a solpsistic jerk. He’s actually… kind of nice. But still Batman. It’s not something you see in comics too often.

DEATHSTROKE #49: This comic can be kind of hard to follow at times, but it’s been so worth it, just in terms of character development alone. These issues are the greatest that Deathstroke have ever been. Really looking forward to the end of the whole bloody affair.

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #1: Man. I tried. I really did. But LEGION has always been a tough sell for me. There’s just… it’s so much. It’s too much. Keeping track of all these different guys is practically like having to account for an entirely different superhero universe. Maybe I’ll check back in later, but right now this just takes up too much mental bandwidth.

LOIS LANE #5: Perfect. No other words. Rucka’s at the top of his game, and I never want this book to end.

YOUNG JUSTICE #10: Jinny Hex is gay! :open_mouth: I think the reveal was done pretty tastefully — and the art by Nick Derington certainly didn’t hurt. Kinda sucks that they put Naomi on the cover when she only shows up on the last page, though. I hate when comics do that.

2 Likes

I quoted from Wrath of Khan

I dont remember Undiscovered Country

2 Likes

Looking forward to Legion (it is on my pull list but I won’t pick it up till this weekend.)

You guys may have talked me into Undiscovered Country, I love Snyder’s stuff but didn’t want to add another title. The recommendations have swayed me.

A victim of peer pressure…

4 Likes

@KamAndi80 Bwahahaha One of us, One of Us

4 Likes

No worries @TurokSonOfStone1950. You’re spot-on to Wrath of Khan. :+1:

The Undiscovered Country is about the Federation and the Klingon Empire attempting to make peace with each other. However things (as they are wont to do) don’t quite go as planned. It’s also the movie that established Shakespeare was apparently a Klingon and features a great performance from Christopher Plummer as General Chang, the film’s heavy. David “DCAU Ra’s Al Ghul” Warner is also in the movie as Chancellor Gorkon (his second role in a Trek movie, and in as many movies for that matter).

A couple of my favorite quotes from TUC:

A shapeshifter kissed Kirk in her humanoid female form and now appears to Kirk as himself.

Kirk: “I can’t believe I kissed you!”

Shapeshifter: “It must have been your lifelong ambition!”

Also…

General Chang is attacking the Enterprise during the climax of the movie, while Bones and Spock are manually setting up a photon torpedo.

Chang (over the Enterprise PA system): “I am as constant as the Northern Star!”

McCoy to Spock: “I’d give real money for him to shut up!”

Good, good flick!

Fun Fact: The scene where the cloaked Klingon Bird of Prey explodes in The Undiscovered Country was re-used in Star Trek: Generations.

2 Likes

DC:

• King SHAZAM! 1
  • Justice League 35
  • Deathstroke 49
  • Harley Quinn 67
  • Batman 82
  • Doom Patrol 5
  • Legion of Super Heroes 1
  • Lois Lane 5
  • Green Lantern: Black Stars 1
  • Wonder Twins 9
  • Young Justice 10
  • Superman: Up In the Sky 5
  • Batman Universe 5

Independent:

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer 9
  • Red Sonja 10
  • Vengeance of Vampirella 2
  • The Magicians 1
  • Grimm Fairy Tales 2019 Holiday Special
  • Deadly Class 41

DEADLY
CLASS!!!

4 Likes

These Year of the Villain covers are SUPER SICK!!!

2 Likes