New Comics for 11/6/19: What'd Ya Get?

Greetings, Springfieldians (hurray for those handsome devils) and Shelbyvillians (they’re cool for their cousins), it’s Wednesday, aka New Comics Day! :smiley::metal::tada::sparkler::christmas_tree:

The highlights for DC are big this week, including (but most certainly not limited to):

1. The beginning of a new era for the Legion of Super-Heroes!

2. More from the best darn Superman title of 2019, and easily one of DC’s best books of the year.

3. Naomi is hanging out with Young Justice!

Speaking of Naomi, if you’re a fan of her’s and have yet to do so, check out her rad two-part adventure in Action Comics #'s 1015 and 1016.

From DC and beyond, what’s on tap for your fix of brand new comics this week?

4 Likes

Happy hump day, folks. My pull list from Comixology has made the following available for download.

• Batman 82
  • Justice League 35
  • Lois Lane 5
  • Superman Up in the Sky 5
  • Batman Universe 5

Will probably add Legion to the list. Would you guys recommend for someone who has never read previous iterations of the title?

Itching to check out Blackstars. Morrison’s Green Lantern confuses the heck out of me…don’t know why I’m thinking of doing that to myself again…something about the general ambience/setting. Maybe wait till it’s on DCU.

3 Likes

@moro Regrading this new volume of Legion, I’d start with the Legion: Millennium two-issue mini that came out this past August and September. Once you’ve read that, then put on your swimming trunks and dive right in to the new book, buddy!

I’m eager for Blackstars too (it’s my #4 read of the week), but I love The Green Lantern, so I might be a smidge biased towards things that pertain to Morrison’s overall narrative with Hal.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip Vroomy…will probably check it out.

As for The Green Lantern…yeah…I made a whole topic about it. Never had such a love hate relationship with a comic :joy:.

3 Likes

@moro Here’s a taste of the art from LOSH #1:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP190461?Prevue=1

2 Likes

Love the bold lines…adding to Comixology list.

2 Likes

Batman 82
Young Justice 10
Wonder Twins 9

and outside of DC, the latest issue of Buffy.

2 Likes

@OldManJonah What’s Ms. Summers up to these days?

1 Like

Did you snag the Millennium mini too? :wink:

2 Likes

Yes sir. Turning into a big Bendis fan here.

2 Likes

Right now they are in the first big Angel/Buffy crossover event of the reboot, so there are currently three series going: Buffy, Angel, and Hellmouth. It’s the first opening of the Sunnydale Hellmouth.

Both ongoings (Buffy and Angel) are pretty good. New and different takes on familiar characters. Not just retreading the old continuity.

3 Likes

Will Enjoy
Buffy
Fantastic Four
Lois Lane
Red Sonja
Young Justice

Hopeful
Deathstroke
Inferior Five
Legion of Super Heroes
New Mutants

Not Easy to Understand
Dreaming
Justice League

Much Worse than Peak
Batman
Doom Patrol

Not Worth It Dont Buy Any More
Green Lantern New Title Arc Artist
Wonder Twins

2 Likes

:star_struck:
I didn’t know Naomi would be in Young Justice!!
I’m so glad you do this @Vroom!
adds to purchase list

3 Likes

I haven’t read Red Sonja since…2007 or so (whenever Michael Turner did cover art for it), but the current Red Sonja book looks pretty cool. With Mark Russell writing, and Amanda Conner on covers, it’s got two big things going for it at minimum.

1 Like

No prob, Bob!

You did add Action #'s 1015 and 1016 to your purchase list too, right? If not, imbues his Shadow-like powers of persuasion you know you want to…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I got to go look up when Far Sector comes out I guess I might plunk down some shillings for that (gulp)

2 Likes

@Vroom

Red Sonja is great.

It NEVER disappoints.

Plot for various issues

Sonja made Queen of her homeland
Emperor conquors one country after another
Picks her country as next

BIG MISTAKE
With inferior forces but superior surprising tacticts constantly defeats troops of Emperior.

Sonja just wants her homeland left alone.
Emperor feels must squash her land or be humilisted.

4 Likes

Wow @TurokSonOfStone1950, that all sounds (to quote actor Arte “JLU’s Vermin Vundebar” Johnson): “very interesting”.

Thanks for the 411 on the She-Devil with A Sword. :+1:

4 Likes

@Don-El Far Sector #1 debuts next week, and it looks (figuratively and literally) good.

2 Likes

Undiscovered Country #1 by Scott Synder of Justice League and Batman is getting 9.0 to 10.0 ratings on Comic Book Roundup. From.Image

3 Likes