New Batman Show Coming to HBO Max

The actor portraying James Gordon has a huge relationship with HBO’s Westworld. I won’t be suprised if he is one of the main actors on this show.

2 Likes

Pattinson will probably make an appearance for an episode or 2, and given that Jeffrey Wright is playing Commissioner Gordon, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s either a lead or a very prominent supporting character.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely check this out. Hopefully, the movie is good and this show follows suit.

4 Likes

Heard the news. I’m excited for it. Always up for more Batstuff.

1 Like

"ultimately launching a new Batman universe across multiple platforms.”

That line in the article got me the most excited. A new Batman universe across multiple platforms. We already know there’s a movie and that’ll lead into a series (which is on HBO Max so they can get DARK with it and not have to worry about TV ratings or censors) so where else might this lead? Will the comics be involved? Will there be other shows? When does this universe begin because I want to be there from the beginning and drink it all in like a thirsty man finding a water fountain.

This is very exciting news and 2021 looks like it’ll kick the #### out of 2020!

4 Likes

I really hope this move isn’t DC once again putting the cart before the horse in its need to establish a cinematic universe. They need to focus more on making good films and shows rather than this obsession that everything be connected.

3 Likes

This is TV though.
DC rarely miss on their TV shows and with HBO, this is huge.

2 Likes

I’m mildly interested. I don’t think we need of another Gotham centered show. I think the TV space should be focused on lesser known characters and stories.

3 Likes

What’s the name of the show

Very interesting. Lots of possibilities for tie-ins.

1 Like

This seems like a very similar premise to the original idea for Gotham.

2 Likes

This doesn’t sound bad by any means but there are so many other DC projects I would rather have made.

2 Likes

Sadly to me this one is a Yawn. A police procedural seems ill timed and I’m pretty exhausted by Bat-Adjacent content right now. But I already have Max for the TCM channel so I’ll at least give it a shot

1 Like

i’ve seen a lot of people say they hope this series is what they wanted from gotham. i’m putting a lot of faith in it in that way. gotham was good but ended up straying from the original premise in the name of fanservice.

If Gotham central is the main source of inspiration for this series then it will be really good. The fact he is setting in the same universe as the movie bodes well for story lines from one paying off in the other. I’m excited, and the fact it is an HBO series means they can go darker than network TV is allowed to do.

3 Likes

Gotham was a great show. I wonder how this would fair.

1 Like

Who are they eyeing for Jim? And you know Barbra has to be seen at least once! So who are they eyeing for her?

Jim has already been cast with Jeffrey Wright. The show will take place in the same world as the upcoming film.

2 Likes

As much as I’m hyped-we’re still missing so much DC content plus its forcing us to buy other memberships with a lot more content but less DC content

2 Likes

Loved Gotham so I’m definitely looking forward to this!