New Batman Show Coming to HBO Max

Set in the same world as Matt Reeves’ upcoming film (and maybe possibly an adaptation of Gotham Central?):

25 Likes

A Gotham Central style show by Matt Reeves and the producer of The Sopranos?

SIGN ME THE HELL UP.

13 Likes

Will we see actual Batman/Rogues/Batfamily?

12 Likes

I don’t think we can say for certain, but with all the rumors about different villains being in The Batman, it’s possible that if this is in the same universe, we could see whatever characters he couldn’t fit in TB in here, or maybe debut characters that could end up in later movies.

7 Likes

If they stick pretty close to what was done in Gotham Central, then we definitely will.

4 Likes

Well, there going to get my money if they keep on this path. Hopefully there will be another nice sweet heart promotion after this one ends next year.

2 Likes

I’m gonna want HBO Max when this is released. Only problem is my mom try to get it but couldn’t.

4 Likes

They have to be really confident to announce this before the Movie comes out. We don’t want this to be a whole Snyder situation again!

3 Likes

Ain’t no course correction like over-correction!

2 Likes

How can this be considered course correction when the film it relates to hasn’t been released yet…:thinking:

2 Likes

I meant more in regards to WB/DC moving away from the Snyder/Batfleck stuff in favor of the Reeves/Pattinson Batman, but still going all-in before the film has yet to be released (which is what they originally tried doing with the Snyder films before BvS came out).

4 Likes

I would think that going forward with this along with the Snyder Cut is less favoring one over the other and more enjoying the freedom a multiverse allows.

6 Likes

I hope this is WB/DC embracing a multiverse approach and not trying to retroactively “fix” a bunch of movie continuity.

It’s the same trap the comics fell into and I’d rather not see the movies fall into it, too.

4 Likes

Toyman TIMVERSE is scary and creepy.

1 Like

I absolutely can’t wait. I’m excited for what Matt Reeves is doing. I’m so happy the are opening the multiverse, so we can get this and Zack Snyder’s vision.

3 Likes

Terrence Winter, writhing this is good news. I’m a fan of Boardwalk Empire.

1 Like

They didn’t mention DC Universe anywhere. Uh oh…I’m worried.

3 Likes

Well, that’s nice I guess. I’m already in the process of deciding whether to drop DC Universe.

Being connected to the Matte Reeves world is interesting. It would be cool to see the cast from the movie make a cameo.

1 Like

They must be really confident about this movie…I’m interested to see the movie!

4 Likes