New Age of Heroes is Underrated

Read the Curse of Brimstone Annual and number 11. This is an underated book and sad to see it go. The Silencer has been epic till issue 13. What’s everyone else’s view on this line. In some cases seemed half hearted on the publisher side.

9 Likes

I’m enjoying it. I haven’t read Brimstone at all but I thoroughly enjoy everything else in the line.

The Silencer #13 from last week was very good. Rarely has Talia Al Ghul looked as beautiful as she did in that issue. The Terrifics #12 was good too.

2 Likes

I’m a huge Silencer fan. Best new character of 2018.

2 Likes

HCQ, Silencer is great. I find the CW version of her to be a bit “Huh?” inducing though.

2 Likes

Silencer is great but I feel the entire line is underrated. Might just be me though.

2 Likes

The Terrifics is awesome. I just picked up the first 3 issues of Damage today.

3 Likes

I agree! I’ve really enjoyed Damage and The Terrifics. I think the reason New Age didn’t take off was that most of is blatant rip-offs of Marvel and not original IPs. DC deperately needs to buckle down and start turning out brand new, creative original content. We need new doses of heroes and villians. It’s been, I don’t know, how long.

3 Likes

I definitely agree! Silencer and Immortal Men were the best. Sideways and Damage are also good.

4 Likes

Hurray, another fan of The Immortal Men :slight_smile:

5 Likes

im enjoying damage sideways and silencer

1 Like

2nd the notion on The Immortal Men. Liked what I saw but big missed opportunity with what could have been!

Dug the #1 of The Silencer. Looking fwd to buying that in trade in a few weeks!

1 Like

I don’t think that there is a series in the New Age of Heroes that I don’t like. They are all fresh, different and entertaining. Hope they last awhile.

2 Likes

@LonelyLobo, I agree with your assessment of the New Age books but Brimstone, Damage and Sideways are ending soon, which will leave The Silencer and The Terrifics as the only books going forward.

I sure hope The Terrifics lasts. It’s a fantastic series.

2 Likes

Even with the recent return of the Fantastic Four, The Terrifics is still the better FF book.

3 Likes

No way damage is ending :pensive:

1 Like

It is, sadly. I’m hoping Damage pops up in a team book. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Sideways on the TT, YJ or some other teen team.

4 Likes

I hope so too I’ve been enjoying damage thus far sad to hear that it will be ending soon :pensive:

I keep hearing how incredible Silencer is. I’ve got to jump on the Bandwagon.

1 Like