Superboy (2010) #1-11
Superman Secret Origin #1-6
Superwoman Vol. 1 #1-7
Wildstorm #1-12
The World of Krypton (1987) #1-4
World of Krypton (1979) #1-4
Young Romance: A New 52 Valentine’s Day Special

Rebirth Rapid
Aquaman: Remember what made New 52 Aquaman so good? Imagine a longer, crazier version of that. The heart is even more clear and he became my favorite hero after only reading Rebirth #1. that’s how good it is

New Super-man - I can not say enough things about you monsters who didn’t buy the book and let it get cancelled. Sorry, I just love it so much!!! Look, the first 3-4 issues are a little brutal to read not because they are bad but because of all this exposition. Once you get over that it may be the best New Rebirth Series.

Superwoman - This way be one of the only bad series. Its very confusing and requires too much stuff from New 52. BUT if you like the superman family stories from Rebirth, you’ll enjoy it as it focuses on

Sorta Rebirth (Wildstorm) --> Honestly never read it. One of the few “rebirth” series I know nothing about.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks reprieve. There’s still more than everyone’s going to read but still lots of time to read some of the other awesome series. Also one of the discussion points right now is how to be a Community Hero. This is the sort of stuff I did to become one. I wrote articles, wrote weekly updates, and run the DCU Book Club Discord!! Hope that gives some perspective.

3 Likes

I’m an ardent fan of Superwoman. It was my favorite book in the Superman line after Superman and Action (which were tied for #1 favorites in the Superman line and the DC Universe line in general).

The Wildstorm is very good, at least #'s 1-6 are. I don’t think that title has anything to do with Rebirth though. Kind of has its own continuity it seems. I’m eager to check out 7 through 12.

Very glad to see The Sinestro War Special. Now the entire event is here (minus the Tales of the Sinestro Corps one-shots but I don’t remember those being part of the main story, just sideline material).

Another solid week for new to DCU books. Thank you very much to all involved =)

4 Likes

I’m also happy to see both volumes of The World of Krypton. I’ve read the second one, but not the first.

3 Likes

Kudos to DCU. This is a pretty good spread between current and classic. We’re still need Golden and Silver Age. But I’m personally looking for Bronze. So this is pretty good.

4 Likes

@harley We got the first like 60 issues of Batman and Superman. It’s honestly just fine!

2 Likes

They also finally added Booster Gold #1000000, the end of Geoff Johns’ arc!

5 Likes

Love it You missed a biggie though 52 is up. DCU is fantastic

2 Likes

Also I big fan of New Superman. Superwoman is okay but looks beautiful

2 Likes

In my opinion, Superwoman was good like the first eight or nine issues with the whole Lois Lane / Lana Lang thing going on along Steel ,then they switched writer and artist.

2 Likes

@hubcity Thanks!!

Also, I knew about 52. I just forgot to post it…

2 Likes

@don-el, I’ve never understood it but maybe its better than I think it is!

1 Like

New Super-Man was a GREAT series. Everyone should go read it now!

1 Like

Exactly, are there new super-man haters?