My Zatanna Concepts

I’ve been getting really into Zatanna lately and anytime I get into a new character (or completely hate a character’s design) I have to make my own image of them in my head. My favorite thing to do is take my favorite designs of a character and sorta combine them together. What do you guys think? Which is your favorite?
For both designs my biggest inspiration was the unused concept for Zatanna: King of Nightmares. I love it! It has a very Tim Burton feel to the design and that’s the vibe I got while reading Paul Dini’s run on the character so I find it very fitting for her. I as well added the pointed shoulders from DC Superhero Giro to give an even more Burton flavor and I think it works perfectly!

This one I combined with ideas from both the design in Paul Dini’s run and 7 Soldiers. I loved the little lingerie design in the first issue of 7 Soldiers but I didn’t wanna be too Skimpy cuz then she just ends up looking like Playboy Bunny and that’s not the look at all. So I added that but kept the basic design of the jacket and the shirt from King of Nightmares. Then, I thought the cape coupled with the things that hang from the back of the jacket on the design from Dini’s looked a little weird but I wanted to keep the cape so I added a long back like a cloak or trench coat and tried to stick to the colors best I could. And finally, I really like the Blue and the fishnet gloves from her 2018 design (my second favorite design of her after King of Nightmares) so I tried to incorporate that as well.

For this one I thought I combined too many designs the first time so I pulled back and stuck to my top 2 favorites: King of Nightmares and JLD 2018. I kept the jacket from before along with the fishnet gloves and instead this time opened the chest and added pants much more reminiscent of the 2018 design. I then for some reason added a touch of Beetlejuice with blue and white stripes. Not sure what colors to make the undershirt and underbelly of the jacket but as it stands I think this is perfect :star_struck:!

12 Likes

They’re both great, but I like the first one better! Very well done.

6 Likes

Cool designs :face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Eseht era :+1:™emosewa

6 Likes

Both are super dope! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

7 Likes

Taht si a emosewa gniward fo Annataz! :tophat::grinning:

6 Likes

Very clever I almost was like wtf language is he speaking?

5 Likes

LOL! Sorry and Thankyou, when it comes to Zatanna, I like talking backwards, anytime she say a magic words, she talk backwards.:grinning:

5 Likes

Beautiful.

3 Likes

looks great.

1 Like