My Room and the Many Things In It

I am a super introvert but I would definitely make an exception for my DCUI pals. C’mon over anytime!

10 Likes

The Wonder Woman Lego army has new recruits!

9 Likes

Nice!

5 Likes

As others have said and you undoubtedly already know, this is such a fantastic collection! Thank you for sharing it with us.

If you wouldnt mind, I’m curious! Do you have a particular favorite piece?

6 Likes

What a tough question! I really love everything in the room. I got rid of a lot of stuff over the years that I wasn’t into (sometimes I have really regretted that), but now when I buy things I am really selective. Especially at this point where I am kind of running out of room.

For toys, this Mego Dr. Who from the 70’s is pretty cool. I was watching Dr. Who right from when it came to the states back in 1978. I also have signed postcards from Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, Peter Davison, and Colin Baker. You can see them in one of the pics above.

For books, this first edition Dune that I got from my Uncle is nice, although when the new movie comes out if the price is right I might sell it. I first read Dune back in 7th grade and didn’t understand a word of it but loved it all the same.

For overall collections, I have every regular Schleich Smurf ever put out. I was too old to watch the cartoon but loved it anyway.

My most prized (well, most expensive) possession is my mandolin. Eastman MD-315 F-Style. I might not play that well, but I really enjoy playing it, and really that is what matters.

Sorry about the long reply but I have been waiting my entire life for someone to ask me a question like that. :smiley:

11 Likes

Thank you for sharing! I had hoped I wasn’t imposing by asking such an obviously difficult question. Wonderful collection!

5 Likes

Very cool collection. That’s a smurf load of smurfs!

6 Likes

Fantastic collection!!! Good thing all those smurfs are behind glass, that would be a pain to have to dust them all.

7 Likes

I think that about so many people’s statue/figure collections, lol.

7 Likes

When I was a kid, there was a store my Mom shopped at, they had a bin full of Smurfs, if I was good, I could pick a couple out as a treat. I have quite a few, and the Smurf Village playset. I thought I had a lot, which my nieces now love, but WOW, my collection pales in comparison!

7 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, once every six months to a year enough dust accumulates that I take them all out and dust. It is an event when it happens.

Same. Having to dust my stuff makes that the first thing I think about when I see other people’s collections.

7 Likes

Just got this! I never in my life thought I would want a Barbie doll, but this looked too good to pass up.

I just realized this isn’t my first doll. I have a Wonder Woman ‘84 and a Mego 14". It says “Action Figure” but I’m just fooling myself if I believe it.

Best part of being an adult? Buying whatever you want!

10 Likes

Frank Thorne Red Sonja glasses! Solid additions.

6 Likes

So, I’ve started taking over some of the area outside my room. Mwahh ha ha haaa.

I might get another Kubbie for Pop’s and put it above the heating vent.

Then again, I have just bought a bunch of clamshell cases for my Mego Collection that have been in a box for years.

Decisions, decisions…

9 Likes

Looking better with every update.

8 Likes

So this is the first major overhaul I’ve done in a while. I wanted to make room for Star Wars and 80’s space legos that my brother has been hanging on to in his basement. I hung the Star Wars legos from the ceiling. The pics don’t really do it justice. If I take a photo during the day the light from the windows makes everything appear in shadow. A nighttime pic gets weird as well. It looks crowded in the photo but doesn’t feel that way in real life.

Over here I added a couple of store-bought shelves. I was going to build a couple more bookcases but since the price of lumber tripled I found it made more financial sense to get some cheap particle board corner shelves. On the right, space legos. On the left, Wonder Woman, Bubo, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Orko, Teela, Axe Cop, Asajj Ventress, Badzt Maru, K-9, Order of the Stick, Groot and Rocket, an 80’s WWF framed napkin and other assorted weirdness (have you every been part of so many fandoms it hurts?).

For our 27th anniversary my wife bought me an oud. She was not enjoying me playing the mandolin, and I have to admit it is not a soothing instrument to listen to, so she bought me this little beauty shipped from Turkey. Bought this chair to have a place to play as this is a seated instrument.

So, basically, life is pretty good right about now. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Imagine having to move lol (love the oud, though)

5 Likes

Sometimes I do but then I have to lie down a while until the feeling goes away.

6 Likes

Yes, but its a good hurt. So very good.

Digging your pictures. You’ve a very nice set-up. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

6 Likes

By Holy God…

First of all, how did I miss this thread?

Second… I don’t know, I’m just speechless. The sheer scope is just difficult to wrap one’s head around! What an impeccable collection. The two curios with the Star Wars figures and Lego mini figures are my favorite corners.

You play music too. Starting to think you’re like that dude from the beer commercial, the most interesting man in the world :joy:. You listen to Turkish music? There’s this Turkish artist whose music I like listen to every now & then for a relaxing vibe. Here’s a link:

Once again, amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes