My Favorite Superman Story: "Clark Kent's Incredible Delusion!"

After finding The Man of Steel on reruns of the George Reeves “Adventures of Superman” on our black and white TV back in the mid sixties, I then went on to discover his “four color” Adventures in The Silver Age Superman books of the sixties. It was the comic book equivalent of a ten-year-old discovering uranium!
Silver Age Superman brought to life by the likes of Leo Dorfman, Jerry Siegel, Otto Binder, Jim Shooter, Cary Bates, Al Plastino, CURT SWAN, Jack Able, Jim Mooney, Kurt Schaffenbeger, John Forte, Wayne Boring, and Neal Adams was a pathway into wild, crazy adventures that touched the mind and soul. Of course, I didn’t know all that back then when I was playing stickball, touch football, and street hockey between issues. I was just happy to have a hero who looked out for EVERYONE and had fun doing it.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m just jealous you got to live through the era and buy those issues at a much lower price than I did! :laughing:

1 Like

@TheCosmicMoth: It was a fun era to live through, but all things are relative. On a fifty cents a week allowance, at ten years old, purchasing power was limited. Bottle deposits, odd jobs, and some begging were other means employed in securing the latest Action or Superman comics.

2 Likes