My DC tab not working

Same problem here. It seems like it has to load the entire Comic History before the page is functional. I wish there was a way to clear our history.

Yea, I’m having the same issue. What makes this so frustrating is that the app itself hardly works to read comics unless they are downloaded for offline use. Now we can hardly even get to our offline downloads because the MyDC tab won’t work.
I’ve had it take 15 full minutes to load, other times it’ll take having to close and reopen the app up to 10 times for the MyDC tab to fully load.
It’s made the app quite unusable

I’m sorry that you’re still having this issue, @jginternet.63773, @sholmes020103, and @EWalsh419! If you haven’t yet, please contact our support team here and they’ll be happy to look into this further for you.

My DC section will not load. Comic history starts to load, then freezes. Whole app then freezes. Cannot access library or lists.

App and iOS both up to date.

5 Likes

Yep, that’s exactly what’s happening to me

1 Like

This is still happening to me too. The update fixed the other problems and I can work around the lack of the My DC tab, but I cache the comics when I read them and sometimes I need to clear the cache. I can’t access that as far as I know except through the My DC tab and I don’t want to delete/restore the app whenever i need to clear it.

1 Like

Yup mine doesn’t work either. I’m close to calling support and getting a partial refund. This app is horrible. Putting in another ticket. Have you guys used the competitors? Never have an issue with it. Smooth as butter.

1 Like

Same. Problem is lessened by going into a different section, like “comics”, before going into “my DC”, but it has been a frequent problem for 4-6 weeks now.

Thank you for this report; I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with this issue. Do you mind sending a ticket to our support team with this info along with your device info? You can submit a ticket here. Hopefully it will be resolved soon!

Same goes to @EWalsh419 @sholmes020103 @idle453.87595.

Hi I am new here. I have another question about the MY DC section. I created a list because I wanted to read the Knight fall saga again. I thought moving the cover icons around I was creating a reading order, but when I returned the comics were in a total random order. Can I create a reading list order in this that works the way it should?

Hi @steelyb1979.21390, welcome back! I’m sorry you’re having trouble organizing your reading list. At the moment, the best way to do this would be to add the individual issues you want to read in the reverse of the reading order.

That seems awfully tedious for something that should be so simple.

I’m having the same issue, I can’t even click it with getting kick off the app. It’s stressful asf :sob:.

1 Like

Same issue here. For me this seems to replicate if I’m using more than one device to read comics; looking at My DC on the device I haven’t been using recently takes forever to load or doesn’t complete. If it DOES complete it tends to not take forever after that.

This is really unfortunate since it means I can’t get at comics I’ve saved at lists, which is what I mostly care about. It really does seem like the app is trying to load the whole read history and hanging on this once this gets too big. Probably better to only load recent history & have some optional drill in to see further back in history so it doesn’t block the things I actually care about.

Yeah the issue has been persistent with me these past months. I’ve honestly just gotten used to it. I still wish it fixed of course. Hope to see some progress soon.

This is still an issue for me on my iPad. Every single time I tap on My DC, it freezes. I used to be able to get it working by repeatedly shutting down the app and trying again, but that doesn’t seem to help anymore.

Since I started this thread, I should comment that I am still having this problem. I can work around most of it, but If I need to see my profile or clear the cache, I don’t know how.

Our team is aware of the issue and are working hard to fix it! We’re so sorry for the inconvenience @Alrob22, @dallinturner, and @idle453.87595.

@idle453.87595 you can always use Safari or another browser (Google Chrome is recommended) to view your profile while waiting for this fix. To clear app cache on your iOS device, you can follow the instructions found here → How to clear cache on iPhone — declutter your iOS device | Laptop Mag

Thank you all for your patience, it’s very much appreciated :bowing_man:

1 Like

Awesome. That’s alright; I know now tricky this stuff can be.

I need to view My DC sometimes too. What I do is look at it through the website, not the app. Sometimes when you click on the website it will redirect you to the app, but just hold on it and open up a new tab. Hope that helps anyone.

4 Likes

This issue still hasn’t been resolved. Any updates?