Mxy Things Up with the Super-Pets this Free Comic Book Day

You might not have X-ray vision like Superman and Krypto, but you can still get a special peek at DC League of Super-Pets this Free Comic Book Day. This Saturday, go to your local comic shop to grab a preview of the new tie-in graphic novel DC League of Super-Pets: The Great Mxy-Up by Heath Corson and Bobby Timony and you’ll be all set for when the fur starts flying later this summer in the Super-Pets movie.

The middle-grade graphic novel, out in stores July 19, features your favorite super-pets like Krypto and Ace in an exciting adventure alongside their Justice League counterparts. But what’s it about? And how did the pets get mixed up with Mr. Mxyzptlk? Writer Heath Corson chatted with DCComics.com about the brand-new story and some of powerfully-pawed characters it introduces.

To read the interview Heath Corson, head to DC Comics!

Are you excited for The Great Mxy-Up? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

9 Likes

“middle-grade” … that’s like “middle-aged,” right? Just want to make sure I’m not too old to buy it.

1 Like

You’re never too old to buy it!

4 Likes

this

3 Likes

Got this (along with the FCBD Dark Crisis book) on Tuesday, and its really cute, as is the new trailer for the movie.

I wasn’t planning on reading The Great Mxy-Up, but now I just might.

Your marketing hook worked, DC! :+1:t2:

1 Like

I have nieces and nephews and started buying age appropriate stuff for them to get them hooked on DC when they were young. The YA stuff that DC has been putting out has been readable if you are an adult and can deal with the fact that the stories are more slice-of-life, far more diverse than the mainline DCU and have that excessive teen angst drama that reeks of The CW and early Fox.

This is a lot like the Dear Justice League and similar - where it’s pitched to a younger audience but adults can read it and enjoy it. I thought it was a good sequel to the movie, but I am still not thrilled with the premise of the movie (a pseudo faux collection of OCs versus a true Legion of Super Pets adaptation) and since this OGN pretty much mirrors that, it wasn’t for me. I did buy it for one of nieces since she was charmed by the movie.

2 Likes

Oh, for the record, I love DC’s YA stuff (and really kid-targeted stuff, too). Was just attempting to be a funny old man.

My niblings never got in to comics, much as I tried (but are huge DragonCon costume nerds, so there’s that). But I’ve gotten enough friends’ kids hooked that I feel I’m still a solid pseudo uncle. :smiley:

2 Likes

I always believe in the get-them-while-they’re-young to both interest them in DC but also in reading.

1 Like