Must read comics

POSTING GUIDELINES
I’m looking for what are some must read comics on here. I’m into more current comics than older. Currently going between titans 2016 and Batman eternal

2 Likes

You got a favorite character?

3 Likes

Here are my picks for best comics of this century (that are on DCU):

-All-Star Superman #1-12
-Gotham Central #1-40
-Batman: Mad Love
-Batman (1940) #676-683
-DC: The New Frontier #1-4
-Batgirl: Year One #1-9
-Selina’s Big Score
-Batman (2011) #1-52
-Superman: American Alien #1-7
-Superman: Secret Identity #1-4
-Superman (2016) #1-45
-Gotham by Midnight #1-12
-The Omega Men (2015) #1-12
-The Multiversity: Pax Americana #1

5 Likes

The Darkseid Wars in Justice League-New 52

3 Likes

Depends, what constitutes “older” for you?

3 Likes

Aquaman 2011
Detective Comics 2016
Superman Lois and Clark Superman 2016
Wonder Woman 2016 Year One early even numbers
Green Lanterns 2016
Demon Knight 2011

3 Likes

Iamspectre94 I like deathstroke Constantine Batman aqauaman scarecrow and recently got into titans.

2 Likes

Vroom I usually like comics in the 2000s I have a bit of trouble reading the really old ones maybe because they’re a bit outdated

2 Likes

Thanks for ideas everybody!

2 Likes

For Deathstroke you can read his 2014 and 2016 run. And for Constantine you can read his stuff from justice league dark and his new 52

2 Likes

Thanks Iamspectre!

1 Like

Madame Xanadu & The Omega Men are absolutely must reads. All the Justice League Darks ( do the crossovers involved, there completely worth it) I just wanted to give those 1st two b/c there hidden gems. Or at least, not mainstream yet both are highly awarded (Eisner etc) & rarely known of. I would add Nightwing The New World Order to that list too. JLD is no secret, I just love it & with the crossovers it’s all great reading. Hope u have time to get them read, enjoy!!!

Keep reading all the recommendations here @Jeffrey, but I would also recommend occasionally trying comics that are not just from recent years. Personally, as a comics fan, I feel that it has been very helpful to read comics of older eras, from times when the voice seemed very odd, sometimes even awkward. Getting a feel for the tone of comics from earlier ages really helps me understand the roots of the superhero genre. I also feel like it helps me understand modern comics more, seeing the full arc of how modern comics came to have the tone they do now.