Musical References in DC

All-Star Section Eight #3: Meatloaf- I’d Do Anything for Love.

1 Like

All-Star Section Eight #4: Wonder Woman- Charles Fox. Lyrics.

1 Like

All-Star Eight Pack #5: The Doors - When You’re Strange.

1 Like

All-Star Section Eight #6: Holding Out for a Hero- Bonnie Tyler.
Lyrics.

1 Like

Teen Titans #2: Nasty- Janet Jackson lyrics.

1 Like

Batman Black & White #5: Goin to the Chapel- The Dixie Cups.

1 Like

Icon #23: Mariah Carey.

1 Like

Static #24: Green Day.

1 Like

Elvira’s House of Mystery #5: Sgt. Pepper, Dmitri Shoshtakovich, Mick Jagger, Aaron Copeland.

1 Like

BOP Your Kiss Could Kill #8#13: Gangnum Style (Gangland Style). - Psy.

1 Like

And Soo Catwoman?! (Or someone from the Bromley Contigent, or emulating her…)

1 Like

Yeah lol. I left a few posters open on that one, b/c I had no guesses? Idk who or if the few posters were anybody? Nothing distinct enough to tell?

Yeah, I don’t think there’s enough to say for certain on the others. The one that says “Admission 7” (or is that a Rupee symbol?) could be anyone, though I want to say Siouxsie Sioux given the company, and the ones up top in the second image show nothing. The one in the middle of the first two images looks like Joey Ramone as well - I’d guess it was supposed to be the same poster and the artist left out the “Ramones” banner if not for the “Admission” poster in the last frame. And I’m sure the one behind the guitar is supposed to be someone specific, but without matching it to a specific poster it could be be nearly anyone. Bolan maybe?

1 Like

I thought Joey instantly,. Didn’t think of the Banshees? All great guesses probably right? I have a CBGB Ramones shirt & Joey looks just like that on it. I didn’t notice the Admission 7 good catch. I usually have a sharp eye…

1 Like

Final Crisis: Requiem #1: Beach Boys- Good Vibrations.

1 Like

Suicide Squad #3: Spinal Tap

WW: Warbringer: Dueling Banjos.

1 Like

Action Comics #791: The Gambler- Kenny Rogers (recorded by).

1 Like

Superman #186: You Don’t Mess Around With Jim- Jim Croce.

2 Likes

Action Comics #800: Cream.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to follow up to your The Flintstones posts since I first found this thread… while the Rumpspringa reference is kind of generic 90s booty pop, through the whole series Pebbles is a low key music nerd, and I loved it…

1 Like