Music that moved you

I got to thinking about all the iconic themes from various DC media and how just hearing it would bring me back to moments in time.

1. Batman 1989 theme: I was in school band at the time. The way the music would gradually grow louder, how exciting it was for us to play it. Plus we had a gong! Oh the gong was a big hit when we played for the younger kids even if it meant they each took a turn banging it. My ears still ring.
  2. Batman the Animated Series: yes another version of the theme from 1, but I can remember after school, sitting down excited to see another episode. I would sit there with my snack of sunflower seeds and watch raptly as characters I had never seen before came to life.
  3. Smallville: Somebody come save me! They treated Clark right as someone coming into their own with enough WB teen angst to keep him human. I watched this as I was older but I could not miss what happened. I get chills when I hear the theme and when they teased it during Elseworlds crossover as they approached the Kent farm.
    What are your favorite themes and what memories go they bring up?
1 Like
  1. John Williams Superman theme, and the track “The Planet Krypton.” Both uplifting and chill inducing.

2. Hans Zimmers Man Of Steel score brings me back to opening night when I saw the movie and was mind blown. Man of Steel is one of the movies that propelled me to read comics.

3. Hans Zimmers Dark Knight score also gives me a similar feeling of seeing the movie for the first time. Especially the music at the end of the movie which swells and still gets me a little emotional.

1 Like

@TheDarkKnieves those were some great choices! The John Williams score perfectly sets you up for the grand scope of Superman. I will have to watch Man of Steel again to hear the theme as I don’t remember it but Hans Zimmer is a genius.

1 Like

I would especially recommend “Flight,” “This is Clark Kent,” “Oil Rig,” and “What are you going to do when you’re not saving the world,” which is the main theme.

1 Like

The main theme on Arkham City always motivated me to be Batman

3 Likes