Munchie Mondays: The Return of Negative Man’s Cookbook!

Community Week is about you fine folks, your love of DC, and the amazing space you’ve all helped us build here! In homage to that, we’re doing a revival of sorts! Our dear friends @mr.marooned and @toonatonian started a little thing called Negative Man’s Cook Book a while back, and we’ve gotten the blessing to give it new life!

So do you have a favorite recipe of Negative Man’s? Can you bake a pie as good as Martha Kent’s? Ever had a dream of opening your own DC themed restaurant? Like showing off how good (or bad) your food looks? Just… enjoy food?

Ready those ovens, dust off those aprons, and get ready to make some grub! Create your way to the top and be featured as Kent’s Kitcheneer for the week in our news section!

HOW IT WORKS

1. Every Monday, I’ll post a new recipe for you to try in honor of a specific theme or character.
  2. DC it Up! Give it a DC inspired name, take a picture with a collectible or book of its inspiration, or bake an image right into it!
  3. Create the recipe right in your own DC Kitchen!
  4. Post your results here in this thread! Good and bad, we want those pictures!
  5. Let us know what we should do next week by voting below.

THEME
Halloween!

Spook it up! Make it creepy, make it dark, make it a DC Halloween treat for the ages!

RECIPE OF THE WEEK
Since it’s the first week, (and Halloween, at that!) we’re giving everyone a free-for-all to create their own spooky DC sweet treat - whatever the recipe of Halloween and DC means to you, in dessert form! Not sure where to start? Try your favorite cookie, cupcake, cake, or pie recipe , with a DC twist!

To give you an idea, here’s my hellish contribution for this week:

Trigon’s Demon’s Food Cake

YOUR TURN
Post your pictures of whatever you make in the comments below! We’ll be picking our favorites to feature in the News section every week!

What should we make next week?

• Sandwiches
  • Casseroles

0 voters

10 Likes

This will go super with the DCU Show Pitch we were pitching @Mr.marooned. Let’s get the whole league involved :batman_hv_1::catwoman_hv_3::superman_hv_1::flash_hv_2::gl_hv_3:

4 Likes

Woo Hoo! :star_struck: I got some time off this afternoon… looks like it’s time to start baking! Maybe a graveyard goodie? :bug: (Hey, how’d Mr. Mind get in here?) No offense to @BestBeastBoy but I’m gonna need to break a few :egg: to accomplish this feat of DC deliciousness! Be back with something Super to eat tomorrow. :pie: :cupcake: later tators! :sweet_potato:

4 Likes

That looks super chocolaty! :drooling_face: Thank for sharing BB, I can’t wait to give a try!

7 Likes

No worries! I’m not really the judgy brand of vegan. :grin:

(Though aquafaba really does taste super good as a substitute!)

3 Likes

Oh man it was. It uh… may already be gone… :grimacing: :innocent:

5 Likes

Talk about a lot of chocolate! Here I am, trying to research a way to make a Chemo villain green jello treat, lol.

4 Likes

:ghost: Just about got my “Grundys Graveyard” or maybe it’s “Death in the Family Pudding Puddin’” delicious twist on dirt cake ready for a photo shoot! Will be finishing that up as soon as work is done today! :jack_o_lantern:Happy Halloween​:jack_o_lantern:Super Fan Friends! :ghost:

2 Likes

Tell me all about it. Was at the health food store the other day to get ingredients. The worker was really helpful helping me find safe for me stuff to use to die things black & yellow. I’ve got an allergy to the coal tar waste dyes. Went with charcoal powder to make things black & turmeric for yellow. Black worked really well. Gotta play with the turmeric some more & we will see how that turns out. Excited to hear about your adventure! :joker_hv_4:

2 Likes

can someone just mail me this?

meh… guess I’ll make it. looks tasty

2 Likes

:ghost: Grundy’s Graveyard :jack_o_lantern: or Screenshot_20191031-172623 possibly Death in the Family Pudding Puddin’ :harley_hv_3: TaDa! Happy Halloween Super Fan Friends :skull: :jack_o_lantern::ghost:!

13 Likes

That’s a great idea. Love the worms!

3 Likes

Thanks @ralphsix It was a lot of fun to make & so deliciously rewarding!

1 Like

We need photographic evidence of this epic desert asap! LOL. I want to drool on my screen Mr.marooned please.

Ooh, those look deliciously dreadful! Not only do I now want cake, but those ghoulishly gummy worms, too. :frowning: Gonna have to get in on this one of these weeks (…the stomach demands it, lol). :wink:

2 Likes

@toonatonian THAT’S AWESOME. The tastiest looking graveyard I’ve ever seen for sure!

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m not usually someone who munches on graveyard dirt and worms, but I think I can make an exception for this tasty dish. :wink:

3 Likes

Its Monday… Any new assignment?

4 Likes