Most Overrated/UnderratedDC film?

This is an enhanced version of another thread I did.
(By underrated, I mean it doesn’t get as much attention and popularity as it deserves)

In my opinion…
Most overrated: Teen Titans Go to the Movies (it’s trash compared to Oliver & Company; it’s my avatar)
Most underrated: Man of Steel (ok this one needs more legit love)

4 Likes

I agree with you, @DJMutt. Man of Steel wasn’t as awful as some people make it out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man of Steel is a master piece in my opinion. BvS ultimate cut is a master piece as well.

9 Likes

‘Batman: Mask of the Phantasm’ needs more love and attention.

4 Likes

Man of Steel is definitely under rated. So happy to see so many DC fans agree. I think Wonder Woman was a bit overrated.

I think the animated DC Showcase shorts dont get nearly enough praise or exposure. The Spectre and Jonah Hex installments are my favorite.

3 Likes

Most people never saw the BvS directors cut, which filled in all the plotholes. BvS had to be the most underrated, most overrated was wonder woman in my opinion

4 Likes

Most underrated = Batman V Superman
Most overrated = Superman: The Movie

3 Likes

2017 Wonder Woman was more solid than Frozen. No pun intended.

2 Likes

Why are you comparing DC CBM to films in general? Just compare to other cbm .

Most Overrated - Dark Knight
Most Underrated - Batman Forever, Man of Steel and BvS(Ultimate Cut)

4 Likes

Overrated = Wonder Woman

Underrated = BvS and MoS

3 Likes

Overrated wonder woman
Underrated man of steel and B v S

3 Likes

@TX85, can I hug you? I thought I was the only one who found Dark Knight to be overrated.
While I did enjoy the film, it’s not the be all end all comic movie to me that everyone makes it out to be.
So thanks for posting that!

1 Like

Overrated: Man of Steel
Underrated: Superman Returns

1 Like

Not a film but the Titans TV series is underrated and is one of my favorite shows.

@AgentGabs, yeah, I’d say the Dark Knight is overrated too.

2 Likes

So many going with live films, so while I agree with the sentiment that BvS is underrated I’m going to do some animated picks.

Underrated: Lego DCSHG movies. These are almost on level with the cinema lego dc movies. Feelgood and funny.

Overrated: Death of Superman. Honestly, I’d be hard pressed to find one episode in the TAS universe that isn’t a lot better.

2 Likes

Underrated-Batman the Brave & the Bold & The Batman.
Overrated- I’m stumped. Anything I can think of is already considered bad & I like everything that’s considered great.

2 Likes

A resounding YES to the fact that Batman: Brave and the Bold is underrated! “Don’t bet on it you goosestepping harpy!” (Steve Trevor to the Baroness von Gunther). The single best line of the series, from the best opening segment of the series. replete with original tv wonder woman theme. One of the best-animated series of all-time, and must viewing for any Batman fan.

2 Likes

baseballmaniac

YES! Now your speaking my language. Love it. I usually hate when they sing, but Matches Malone episode is one of my favorites. Huntress, Black Canary & Catwoman all dolled up in dresses tough to top. The metal men & Doom Patrol eps are epic. Kamandi, Detective Chimp, Dr. Canus, Booster Gold all the Blue Beetles. That’s s just a small taste of the characters on that show. Kanjar Ro & the Gamma Gong I’m done now.

Underrated- Man of Steel, probably the most relatable version of Superman.

Overrated- Suicide Squad, everyone loved it dispite the reviews. Will Smith, and Margot Robbie were descent, but didn’t seem to have enough to do. Enchantress isn’t an interesting enough villain, and don’t get me started on the Letter version of the Joker.

1 Like