Morrison’s run vs. Snyder’s run.

Y’know, Batman runs. Was in the mood to read some Batman so what do people like more? Share your opinions.

2 Likes

Both are all time great Batman runs. Both are 2 of my favorite writers at DC. For Batman I personally prefer Snyders run. Court of Owls, Death of the Family, Zero Year, One amazing Batman story after another. Tbh I recommend both Snyders and Morrisons run though as a Batman fan.

Its the opposite with Justice League, I like Snyders run but I prefer Morrisons run.

3 Likes

Also I think Snyders Batman is a better starting place for new Batman readers. It starts over with issue #1, it was apart of the New 52 relaunch which was meant as a starting point for new readers to DC.

3 Likes

I guess it depends on how comfortable you are with comics. Morrison’s run gets REALLY WEIRD, whereas Scott Snyder’s is relatively more straight forward (it’s a comic book, so it’s always a little weird, but I digress). Personally, though, I prefer Mr. Snyder’s. Both are great though.

1 Like

While I would recommend Snyder’s run to a new reader, Morrison’s Batman really kept me vibing with the character as other portrayals got darker and darker. I loved his approach of “it’s all Batman!” So you can have a run that goes full psychological gritty like RIP to a silly Matches Malone story. All eras and iterations of Batman are equally valid, and I enjoyed weaving together all of those interpretations. That said, you do have to follow seven different series and Final Crisis matters to the continuity, and those kinds of things are rightfully frustrating to a new reader.

1 Like

If you want a straightforward Batman: Snyder.

If you want a straightforward and out there Batman: Morrison.

Morrison fan that I am, I like Snyder’s run much more.

3 Likes

Morrison’s is my favorite but Snyder’s is really good too. You can’t go wrong with either one.

1 Like

Snyder is a better starting place, but Morrison is a way more rewarding experience for those with lots of Batman knowledge.

2 Likes

What Batwing said also, Morrison can really write insane people! Which is like all of Batman’s villains so there’s that to consider.

1 Like

I don’t like Morrison’s run. Cool concept, but his script is annoying. It’s like it’s missing pages. It’s still not hard to follow, but it does prevent me from being draw into the story.

1 Like

Morrison is a much better writer then snyder and I prefer him for DC overall. But Snyder is better at writing Batman.

1 Like