Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for July, 2021

Excellent work on this one! Your shading is getting better and better. You seem to get all kinds of great various grayscales with just a pencil!!

5 Likes

Great touch with the frozen palm! Love it!

5 Likes

Such a great concept and fantastically executed!!

4 Likes

3 Likes

do you think they need another kid huh?

3 Likes

Love the concept! I like how he brought his wife to the beach with him. What SPF does he use to keep chill? Nice sunset too!

4 Likes

Thanks! I wanted to get the shine just right and what is hiking without a hat? I thought it looked funny to me and Jerry Ordway agreed when I showed him!

3 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks! The hikes we went on vacation were just beautiful. The area was really nice with these views everywhere.
I know sometimes he is drawn smaller but I felt it added to the humor to have him walk over mountains instead of through.

4 Likes

The Smokies really are beautiful with a lot of trails. Views were beautiful all over.
Thanks! I work hard on my shading and try to pull from all the masters I see in comics to get as real as possible with otherworldly threats

4 Likes

Thanks! I thought I needed a large villain to walk over mountains and he came to mind. I strive for detail and combined with the backpack and hat from shopping sites.
My vacation was very nice with many views like this

3 Likes

Love it! Water slide was a great idea and it looks like they are having fun going down together.

3 Likes

Thanks! I have really worked on my shading over time and it helps add to the realism. Copying from the masters and using what I’ve learned have helped

3 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

3 Likes

Not too many summer vacation pics in July (or maybe lots of people were on actual summer vacation!).

3 Likes