Monthly Art Challenge Submission Thread for July, 2021

This is the submission thread for the DCFanArtClub July, 2021 monthly art challenge.

The challenge this month is to create a vacation pic or scene from your favorite DC characters. Who would go together? Where would they go?

You can check out more details here.

Due Date: July 31, 2021
Post your final work in the thread below.
Line
Terms & Conditions: I understand that by participating in the DC Universe Community Forums that I am agreeing to the Fan Art Guidelines , which include not creating new storylines or characters, not soliciting for compensation or payment, and will follow the standards of the Community Guidelines .

12 Likes

The Monitor and the Anti-Monitor can not coexist together otherwise our universes come to an end, so they go on separate vacations (my explanation since I just reread the prompt after drawing only one character on vacation and realized I was to draw more than one together. Oops!).
When the Anti-Monitor is not causing cataclysmic crisises, he takes time to take a peaceful walk through the mountains. He takes in the blue skies, not red, and becomes one with nature. The Anti-Monitor shields his eyes by pulling down the brim of his rugged hat as he uses his walking stick made of the tallest pine tree to traverse the landscape. When he stops, he will take the Kind bar out of his backpack and admire the views.
There will always be time for another Crisis so he should enjoy the Earths now while they last.

I was inspired by the Smokie Mountains I visited on my vacation and their majestic views. Here is the picture I had taken that I used as reference:

12 Likes

The Anti-Monitor in a hat! Awesome! Great sense of scale and very nice detail on the armor!

7 Likes

Mr and Mrs Freeze taking in a sunset.

11 Likes

I absolutely love this!!!

7 Likes

awesome! :rofl:

7 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

5 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

7 Likes

:joy: fantastic and hilarious. Really great work plus like the little bubbles in the tank and the background! Really well done!

5 Likes

First beautiful vacation picture! Mtn and trees :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This is some great work as well, I am unfamiliar with the characters but I like the larger than life scale plus the one is giving me skexis vibes and I dig it. Plus the hat is really cute on anti monitor. Very nice work.

5 Likes

Thanks @LastSon0fMars , @Aztek , @SGTSUGAR and @stefanie.m ! This was a fun one to do. In my head I had a much more colorful sunset in mind, but I’m just not there with my coloring skills yet.

I drew these two back on a super cold day in January and I was happy to revisit them on a super hot day in July!

5 Likes

Great work @ImpulseMaxMercury! I love the perspective that you used and the pose/shading is great. Thank you for sharing you reference as well - that’s an awesome photo and definitely makes me want to visit the Smokie Mountains one day. :heart_eyes:

Love the colors on this @JKoco17! Very creative use of the characters and I love the ice around the palm tree. :rofl:

7 Likes

@ImpulseMaxMercury
Very awesome™:+1:
Great details. Can see all the different textures. Even Crisis causing chaos bringers need a vacation :sweat_smile:.

And nice photos. Definitely a nice view.

@JKoco17
Very awesome™:+1:
Very cool sunset. And the concept is great. Like the ice too. Who knows may a nice romantic summer may cure here :sweat_smile::thinking:.

5 Likes

Tried the same style I did with Future State. Definitely a lot harder to do full body so didn’t come out exactly how I pictured it still learned a lot from it and had fun doing it. Also still happy with the results.

And Aquafamily Vacation. Enjoying some water fun surface dweller style.

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: This was a great idea!

5 Likes

4 Likes

Aww this is too cute. What a lovely idea and great execution. The colors are prefect!

4 Likes

that is super cute
I thought they would have a boy & a girl

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

4 Likes

Thanks​:+1:

I based it off the current family unless there son returned or a new one I don’t know about know about. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes