🎶 Mixtape Monday: Yara Flor 🎶

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday! If you’re on the road to visit relatives, thanks for joining us (and try to keep your eyes on the road!). Last week, we marked the conclusion of Fear State with a frighteningly good playlist:

Fear State Playlist
  • “The Imperial March”, by John Williams
  • “Join Us (And Die)”, from The Guy Who Didn’t Like Musicals
  • “Halloween Theme – Main Title”, by John Carpenter
  • “Return of the Phantom Stranger”, by Rob Zombie
  • “Experiments in Confusion”, by Mick Gordon
  • “No Time For Caution”, by Hans Zimmer
  • “For Whom the Bell Tolls”, by Metallica
  • “The Thing (Main Title)”, by Ennio Morricone
  • “Main Title Theme from The Fog”, by John Carpenter
  • “Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)”, by David Bowie
  • “Funeral March of a Marionette” by Charles Gounod
  • “Haunted When The Minutes Drag”, by Love and Rockets
  • “Everything Evil”, by Coheed and Cambria
  • "

This Week’s Theme: Yara Flor!

Among the many exciting comics coming to the app tomorrow is Wonder Girl #1! This series (which I’ve really enjoyed from the beginning and highly recommend) features one of the best new DC characters, Yara Flor. This week, we’re going to put together a playlist of songs you think she’d love. Share your choices with us below!

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

13 Likes
6 Likes

I love Yara Flor (Wonder Girl is my fav WW read of 2021)!

I’m a terrible dancer, but I would absolutely hit the floor with Yara to these tunes:

Given what a :wonderwoman:onderful ray of light Yara is, these are fitting:

6 Likes
7 Likes

Hello there G.L., Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

Yara Flor… :thinking: :wonderwoman:

Perhaps these two might be something that she would enjoy. :smiley:

7 Likes
5 Likes

Well, @ajm08g already played the Bossa Nova card, but I’ll follow up with another … João Gilberto’s cover of Gershwin’s 'S’Wonderful. (See what I did there?) And since she was raised in Boise … a selection from my favorite local band, The French Tips.

No Shabooya!

6 Likes

This is a fun variety, which is good, since this has been a really fun series to read. I’l really have to come up with something good to add tomorrow. :slight_smile:

4 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

I pretty much want to use Moby songs as much as I can, so I’ll go with this one, since the last page of issue one brought it to my mind:

7 Likes

Cool beans, I’m a Moby fan, too. I think South Side would fit Yara and her Future State adventures with Jon Kent.

As for this tune, I don’t think it necessarily fits Yara (at least in an obvious fashion), but it’s one of my favorite tunes by Siouxsie And The Banshees, so I’mma drop it anyway:

I’m pretty sure Yara has Siouxsie And The Banshees on her Spotify playlist. She’s good like that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This was a tough week for me, but listening to everyone else’s picks, I guess I’m going to go with these… maybe she’d be into “ska” stuff?
“Treasure Trove Cove”, by The Holophonics

“Take On Me”, by Reel Big Fish

6 Likes
7 Likes

@capo-mage Intergalactic is my JAM when it comes to the Beasties!
:fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

Here’s another Siouxise And The Banshees tune that fits Yara:

IDK about anybody else, but Ms. Flor has left me quite spellbound. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I love her already too. Can’t go wrong with the Beasties or Siouxsie…

3 Likes

I’ve been on a huge Siouxsie kick this year. Awesome stuff.

3 Likes

Great addiction to have :grin:

3 Likes

Speaking of good addictions, I attribute my anime addiction to Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.

Jam this tune into your skull, kids (its in Japanese, but its catchy all the same):

bets Yara would be a major badass at the helm of a Gundam

3 Likes

I’d back that bet!!!

3 Likes