🎶 Mixtape Monday: Y: The Last Man 🎶

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday! It’s the start of a new week, which also means it’s time for a fantastic new playlist. Last week’s titanic edition was all about Teen Titans Go!:

Teen Titans Go! Playlist
  • “The Night Begins to Shine”, by B.E.R.
  • “Teen Titans Theme (Mix Master Mike Remix)”, by Puffy AmiYumi
  • “Battle in Outer Space”, by Akira Ifukube
  • “Go Go Power Rangers”, by Ron Wasserman
  • “Party Rock Anthem”, by LMFAO
  • “Hypa Hypa”, by Eskimo Callboy
  • “Catching Villains”, by Chizzy Stephens
  • “Something About Us”, by Daft Punk
  • “One Piece at a Time”, by Johnny Cash
  • “Doom Patrol Go”, from Young Justice: Outsiders
  • “Push the Feeling On (The Dub of Doom)”, by Nightcrawlers
  • “Sing Me a Silly Song”, from Sesame Street
  • “We Hate Everyone”, by Type O Negative
**This Week's Theme: Y: The Last Man!** =

Last week also saw the long awaited television premiere of Y: The Last Man, in addition to the surprise arrival of the entire comic series here on DCUI! To celebrate, we want to put together the best Y: The Last Man playlist ever. Share your song choices below!

I can’t think of a better song to start with than Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey, by The Beatles:

Due to the high volume of submissions and the limited number of hours in a day, we’ll be selecting two songs from each member, but feel free to share as many as you like!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

7 Likes

“The Last One Alive”, by Demon Hunter

4 Likes

I mean… obviously:

5 Likes

Well hello there GL, Mixtape Mob, and everyone else. :wave: :sunglasses:

It’s nice that the whole series was dropped on DCUI. :smiley:

So… Songs now for Y: The Last Man… :thinking:

Perhaps these two will also do. :clark_hv_4:

First up… One that asks a good question for The Last Man. :face_with_monocle:

And this next one while looking for his lost loved one. :pensive:

4 Likes

Hi all, been a while since the creative juices have been flowing for me but think I found a couple…

Thanks, have a good week everyone.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I haven’t read Y The Last Man yet, but the first song that popped into my head was Run the World (Girls)

4 Likes
4 Likes

Hey there, Mix Mob! :notes: :inkys_mixtape_mob2:
Here’s what I brought this week—this first one just feels like it has to happen…
Man Size- PJ Harvey

This one’s not entirely relevant lyrically, but this cover is great for the mood. :purple_heart: Plz enjoy.
Drain you (Nirvana cover)- Vitamin String Quartet

(And some Y artwork :star_struck:)

4 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

How about a Fats Domino cover of a Beatles song?

4 Likes
5 Likes

I am enjoying how this playlist is shaping up. I didn’t expect it to have multiple covers, but those are always exciting to find. :slight_smile:

3 Likes