šŸŽ¶ Mixtape Monday: Which Song(s) Make You Feel Like a Superhero? šŸŽ¶

Hello, everyone!

DC Universe is happy to announce that a new weekly feature will be added to the community forums called :notes: Mixtape Monday! :notes:

Every week, weā€™ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post a track of your choice in the comments below! Weā€™ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the full list of tunes collected from the week before. And if our ā€œWhatā€™s the Last Song You Heard?ā€ thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes. :headphones:

This Weekā€™s Mixtape is Titled: What Songs Make You Feel Like A Superhero? :superhero:

Have a favorite song that fits the weekā€™s theme? Share it with us in the comments below!

Other than the lyrics having to abide by our Forum Guidelines, the songs can be anything, from any genre, as long as itā€™s something that, when played, makes you feel like you, too, harbor the traits you appreciate most in your favorite superheroes.

3 Likes

To begin with an example, one of the songs Iā€™d choose from my playlist is Skip Marleyā€™s, ā€œLions.ā€ :slight_smile:

Appropriately, one of my personal favorite pump up songs is Bonnie Tylerā€™s ā€œHolding Out for a Hero.ā€

2 Likes

Lose Yourself, Eminem

1 Like

Classical Gas, Mason Williams.

Thereā€™s nothing like a great instrumental song.

1 Like

Kryptonite- 3 Doors Down

2 Likes

Martina McBrideā€™s ā€œIndependence Dayā€

2 Likes

Eminemā€™s ā€œCinderella Manā€ is my ultimate pump-up song

1 Like

Native Tongue - Switchfoot

Heroes - David Bowie

Well this is interesting I dig it!

Aww, weā€™re glad to hear you like it, @TX85, and are thankful for your music thread, as well as the others that have been posted. I have many a new playlist because of them! :wink:

Ooh, Iā€™m liking the options we have this week, too! Iā€™ve heard some like ā€œLose Yourself,ā€ and ā€œKryptonite,ā€ but am out of the loop for the others, so itā€™s time to find my headphones and turn on the toons tonight. Thank you, everyone - theseā€™ll be compiled in a list for next weekā€™s thread, so feel free to add more if youā€™d like while thereā€™s still time to. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Say My Name by Peking Duk is an awesome fist-pump song AND it fits the character of Shazam to a tee :zap:

1 Like

Really guys!? and you call yourself DC fans.
Batman 1989 theme - Danny Elfman
Superman: The Movie - John Williams
I cannot hear these without jumping over rooftops in a flowing black cape and flying across Kansas in my mind.

3 Likes

DJ Khaledā€™s ā€œAll I Do Is Winā€ - I blame Emma Stone and the fact that I always seem to love fictional rich asshats.

Or just about anything from the Spider-verse soundtrack, Tom Pettyā€™s ā€œI Wonā€™t Back Down,ā€ Tina Guoā€™s ā€œWonder Woman Main Theme"ā€¦

(I love these kinds of threads and finding new music. Make lots more!)

2 Likes

Definitely ā€œHeroā€ by Skillet and ā€œHold Upā€ by Minnesota. The second one doesnā€™t have a lot of words but I feel like I could climb a mountain every time I hear it because of how intense it is.

ā€œSave Meā€ by Remy Zero. For obvious reasons.

1 Like

Awesome choices, everyone! I think Iā€™m going to have to add some of those I listened to to the list, now (after looking at it, Iā€™m left ponderingā€¦ a ā€œmust listenā€ list isnā€™t supposed to be so long, is it? lol). Iā€™m grateful for the chance to come on and find even more tunes to check out today, as well! :slight_smile: Did you get the chance to listen to each otherā€™s choices?

Also noting that our new Mixtape Monday thread will be up in a minute! :musical_score:

I pick "Superman (Itā€™s not easy.) By five by fighting :slightly_smiling_face: And ā€˜Heroā€™ by Switchfoot I think. Itā€™s a Spider-man soundtrack.

1 Like

@Reaganfan78 - Hey there! Iā€™m so sorry I somehow missed this, and the posts on the other MTM threads. Catching up on those now, and adding your songs to their respective lists! :slight_smile: Havenā€™t heard Five for Fighting in forever, and Iā€™ll always like Switchfootā€™s songs, so I look forward to hearing these today! Edit - Ahh, actually, the second songā€™s ā€œHeroā€ by Chad Kroeger from Nickelback. Still hadnā€™t heard it in a while, so Iā€™m happy for the add! :heart_eyes:

1 Like