🎶 Mixtape Monday: What Song Makes You Check for Red Skies? 🎶

I love the whole soundtrack, I would have to say my favorite music is Can You Read My Mind? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good choice, @Reaganfan78 . :+1:

I’m a fan of the Love Theme, myself.

2 Likes

@MissInkBlot I think it could apply in general to what is occurring with flash seeing visions of him dying, the emergence of the anti monitor, death and return of Oliver, death of kingdom come batman, the red skies themselves, the sheer amount of characters involved in the crisis. I think everyone at this point has pretty much accepted their fate- Oliver, Barry, and Bruce. Cause they are all seasoned veterans at this point and they know they will meet their match eventually. I also think everyone here did a great job with song choices and explanations. Thanks for awesome choices everyone.

1 Like

@Reaganfan78 - Oh my, I took a listen and that’s fantastic, too! Now, that’s a soundtrack worth putting on repeat. :slight_smile:

@Nok - That’s a really good point… especially the part about them being seasoned veterans. I’d never considered how that might effect their thought process whenever a new problem arises. I like your analysis! And I join in on thanking everyone for their shares - every week is better than the last, which speaks such volumes on how wonderful this community is, and how vibrant and varied its interests are!

@Pollster - That’s a really good one, definitely. Even the music video’s a sight to behold, as well. :hushed: Since that one’s purely contextual, what’s the final conclusion that you come to when it come to the song’s conclusion? For something like that, especially by the end of the video, one could argue it’s a pretty dim, pessimistic outcome, but I’m curious if the declaration of the song’s facts (And it can’t be outfought / It can’t be outdone / It can’t be outmatched / It can’t be outrun, no!) leave hope as a possible ending due to forced acceptance. Almost like a “there’s nowhere to go but up from here” concept, similar to what @Nok shared with “Black Hole Sun.”

2 Likes

@Pollster - ahh, that’s a good point, and the context provided is so helpful. I’ll check out “Fallout,” today to compare to the two. The name of that song, mixed with “Catalyst’s” mention of transmissions echoing away brings heavy thoughts of games like Fallout and Bioshock where audio collections from days long gone play some part in plot immersion. I agree on your conclusion about the lyric excerpt mentioned, too - it made me think of the heavy landing of something in the ocean that sends water shooting upward, like this, but much worse. >,< I love deciphering lyrics, so I thank you for the great food for thought, btw. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh, completely understand. Same here, actually.

That idea of water symbolism applying to souls leaving the bodies is amazing, though, now that you mention it, especially if thinking about it from a religious perspective… wow, that adds an entirely new layer to it all, and it’s such a beautiful analogy! Likewise on the thank you, as well, @Pollster! :slight_smile:

1 Like