🌠 🎶 Mixtape Monday - Waverider 🎶 🌠

Welcome back to Mixtape Monday, where we bring you soundtracks inspired by your favorite comic book characters. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

This Week’s Theme: Waverider

This week we turn our attention to the time-traveling hero Matthew Ryder, aka Waverider. Not only could he travel through time at will, but he could also see other people’s futures and enter them by simply touching the person. We’re going to be creating the ultimate playlist for Waverider this week, so share your picks with us, below!

:headphones: Curious what Mixtape Monday is? :headphones:
Every week, we’ll post the title of our latest Mixtape, and you post tracks of your choice in the comments below! We’ll follow up next Mixtape Monday with the list of tunes, two from each user, collected from the week before. And if our “What’s the Last Song You Heard?” thread is any indication, you all have superb taste in tunes!

For our hardcore music lovers, we suggest joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob , a group created to bring all music lovers together in one place. Joining Inky’s Mixtape Mob will make sure you get notified of every playlist update, as well as offer you a custom flair and title to show off your maestro-dom!

While lyrics must abide to Forum Guidelines , the songs can be anything, of any genre, as long as it meets each week’s theme!

15 Likes

Hey @ZatannaZ welcome aboard, here’s my two picks for waverider! :smiley::man_surfing::surfing_woman:

10 Likes

Solid choices! I think they fit perfectly.

9 Likes
10 Likes

“Time” by The Alan Parsons Project

“Miserlou” by Dick Dale

10 Likes

“Back In Time”, by Huey Lewis & The News

“Suite For Time And Machines”, by Petri Alanko (from Quantum Break)

8 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

“Weeds or Wildflowers” – Parsonsfield

“Follow My Feet” – The Unlikely Candidates

9 Likes
9 Likes

What a coinkydink for a topic, as McFarlane Toys just announced their Target exclusive Waverider figure (due in-store at the end of November) yesterday (or Monday, depending on when one is reading).

Here’s a look at him:

Coincidence, or well-timed synergy between DCUI and McFarlane Toys?

You :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: be the judge!

SN: @ZatannaZ Primo pick with Intergalactic. Its my “fav’rit” (to quote Bibbo) Beastie Boys tune and then some.

5 Likes

I have to admit, he looks amazing! I may have to snag one. I couldn’t think of a more perfect song for him, so thank you :grin:

7 Likes

:orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

5 Likes
9 Likes

Can’t believe I forgot about this one!

8 Likes

Since the surf tracks are well covered, I’ll add to the time traveler side, starting with the obvious:

And of course, we can’t have a time travel mix without the KLF/Timelords/JAMMs/2K/K Foundation …

8 Likes

And gotta throw in one surf song :grin:

9 Likes
6 Likes